Mcafee slowing down computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibs

Just Someone
I think Mcafee is making my computer run slow, ever since we got it it takes my computer a whole minute to open a folder and it takes 5 minutes for a program like mIRC to open. Anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: I should add that my computer also has a helluva lot of files, not to mention Mcafee got rid of 2 Trojans.

Could be worse, you could have that nasty Norton Anti-virus/Internet Security virus that's going round, I hear it's a pain to remove.

Just had the Joke-Bluescreen virus on my computer. Well, at least we got rid of Norton.

McAfee does cause it to run slow when it makes its monthly anti-virus scan, and when it installs updates for itself.

Really? Well that sucks. As for me, right now I'm doing my own scan of the computer by uninstalling all the crap I've accumulated over the past two and a half years.

Cue said:
Could be worse, you could have that nasty Norton Anti-virus/Internet Security virus that's going round, I hear it's a pain to remove.

You mean Antivirus 2009? avast! managed to get rid of it rather well simply after doing a Standard Virus search. Then it was able to successfully move to chest after it detected that av2009.exe was malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back