What type of Bitmap do you use for wads on SlumpED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSunshine

Is a Cyan Sonic in SRB2
Title.

There are different kinds.

Monochrome Bitmap

16 color bitmap

256 color bitmap

24-bit bitmap

Witch one do you use???

If you want to put a BMP into a SlumpED, then you must have a BMP that has the srb2 palette. If you want to use MS Paint, then you can use this picture here.
1z1z4tt.png
(right click and save image as).

That picture is saved in the srb2 palette, so it will convert correctly in SlumpED. You can also export a picture from a WAD, and it will be in the srb2 palette as well. Or you can forget about worrying about all that and load your BMP into XWE.

Torgo said:
If you want to put a BMP into a SlumpED, then you must have a BMP that has the srb2 palette. If you want to use MS Paint, then you can use this picture here.
1z1z4tt.png
(right click and save image as).

That picture is saved in the srb2 palette, so it will convert correctly in SlumpED. You can also export a picture from a WAD, and it will be in the srb2 palette as well. Or you can forget about worrying about all that and load your BMP into XWE.

Was I suppost to save that as a bitmap? O_O.

Oh yeah, I forgot that image was a png. You don't have to change it to a bmp, but you could save it as a 256 color bmp and it should still be in the srb2 palette (which means what colors SRB2 uses)

If you plan to make something from scratch, then you should also have either a save picture of the srb2 palette (http://wiki.srb2.org/w/images/f/f6/Palette.png), or use a image editing program that can help you pick the colors that srb2 uses, like GIMP, graphics gale, photoshop, paintshop pro, and pretty much everything except MS Paint

If you want to do a simpler way of putting your sprites into srb2, then I highly suggest using XWE. You don't have to worry about the images being the right colors since it will convert them. I would still use the colors srb2 uses though, to be safe.

Torgo said:
If you want to do a simpler way of putting your sprites into srb2, then I highly suggest using XWE. You don't have to worry about the images being the right colors since it will convert them. I would still use the colors srb2 uses though, to be save.
I cant use wxe on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back