Is windows Vista any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost_Zero said:
Jellybones69 said:
I have a friend with vista. His computer is incredibly slow, and he feels as if he cannot do anything. If he tries clicking anything his vista will freeze.

I would say no.....
I actually heard somewhere that installing one OS over another OS will cause it to run extremely slow. Not sure from where, and not sure why (Something that has to do with the remains of the other OS.) So I'd ask him if he installed it over XP, because it might be the problem.
That explains why when i installed xp alongside vista it went really slow, i would personally say don't combine the two as one will run slow anyway and vista and xp don't like each other so programs will start to error up etc.

That's only going to happen if you put the two on the same partition. If you create two different partitions, one for each operating system, then you won't have any issues. Or if you want to install one operating system and get rid of the other, then ideally you would, you know, reformat.

Blah blah blah, this sounds like another one of those <1> vs <2> topics.

It's a personal opinion really. I was with a vista computer for a month and I also had my labtop with windows XP with me. I was comparing the differences between them during the time. Even though I come into contact with vista computers now-a-days, in my opinion, I don't like how windows vista functions because it errored alot while I was using it.
The only plus to it is just the way it looked.

JigglyWiggly said:
They probably are, what's your specs?

Autosaver said:
Uh....It does have AVG 8.0. D:

Although I forgot to say it doesn't always happen.

Scan some more? Checking yahoo email for me on my vista drive works fine. I can't diagnose a specific problem because I'm over here and your over there ;P

One time error crash,not all the time.
I only came by 3-4 crashs for almost a year.
Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back