SAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

light dasher

Cacee gaming
Ok so you should know about SAGE, Wich is comming next month, anyone gonna enter anything in it? or have they already?
also for those who don't know what SAGE is,
The Sonic Amateur Game Expo, or SAGE, is an online gaming expo held annually at http://www.sagexpo.org/ to showcase the latest in the fangaming community. Traditionally its main purpose has been to showcase fangames based on the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, however it is open to any freelance developer that wishes to participate. 2008 marks the event’s 13th itineration. In the past we’ve had many great games introduced, special guests, fun events, and this year will hopefully be the best yet. It’s a huge opportunity for fangamers to show off their latest product.

We usually draw in about 5000 unique hits per day, going off 2007’s statistics, and the participation continues to grow.

and the SAGE site http://www.sagexpo.org/
So discuss

SAGE has sucked for a while now, simply because everyone uses the same pre-built engine and uses it for hype on a fangame that always winds up canceled. It's annoying.

I hope it doesn't turn out like last year.
Many booths either gave a 404 or no game at all for most or all the duration of SAGE.
It was really ridicolous, and while I agree that SAGE's not only about games, games are still its original goal.

Silent_Snipe said:
Draykon said:
I'm trying to get a booth for Sonic QZV. It's a low interest project no one seems to care about, but SAGE is an opportunity to release a more complete demo.
Lolwut?, what exactly is sage (in n00b terms)
A totally online E3 wannabe designed specifically for Sonic fangames.

tails92 said:
I hope it doesn't turn out like last year.
Many booths either gave a 404 or no game at all for most or all the duration of SAGE.
It was really ridicolous, and while I agree that SAGE's not only about games, games are still its original goal.
I think this year they've tweaked the system, booths without demos are getting stuck on an "information page" separate from the main booth page. So even if that happens, the problem will be slightly less so.

SSN has stated himself that he is not very good at his own game (though he did say that he has completed Ultimate, which counts for something I suppose).

FoxBlitzz said:
SSN has stated himself that he is not very good at his own game (though he did say that he has completed Ultimate, which counts for something I suppose).
So the users are better and SSN.....

Alright, so its now SAGE time. Does anybody have recommendations for some of the more obscure games in there? I've downloaded a handful of games that I remembered from last year and I'm going to give them a try. I'm looking forward to Nexus's demo.

Also note that a newer schedule has the SRB2 tournament starting at 8 PM rather than 3 PM.

So far I've played Emerald Ties, Mario Roots, Mario Kingdoms, Sonic Frenzy Adventure, Sonic Mecha Madness, Sonic Panic, the E02 games, the old Sonic Puzz (curiosity kills the...), and Sonic Time Twisted.

Between the lot I really recommend Emerald Ties, Mario Kingdoms, and Mecha Madness. Frenzy Adventure, Mario Roots, and Time Twisted are also pretty good, the E02 games were for the most part examples of the engine's capabilities it seemed.

I really enjoyed Emerald Ties and between the ones I've played, I think its my favorite. The second zone is a vast improvement over the first one in gimmicks and layout and its just overall more interesting. I went ahead and registered on the site so that the game can automatically post my best times. (I recognize Boinciel up there with some of the best times but haven't seen anyone else from here) Mecha Madness is a pretty creative twist on Sonic gameplay and I really enjoyed it, it astonishes me that people love this so much and are bashing the Unleashed nighttime gameplay premise. Its not quite perfect of course and Sonic does feel quite sluggish before he's been upgraded.

Mario Kingdoms seemed to be very well polished and my main complaint was that some of the precise jumps seemed a bit unfair because its hard to measure Mario's jumps perfectly. Mario Roots was a pretty decent game though I didn't know how to use the menu until halfway through and was slightly bothered by the character's language which seemed more fit for a forum fanfic than a Mario game.

I'm thinking of giving Nothing, Everlasting Song, and Sonic Nebulous a try later today out of curiosity. I know little to nothing about Sonic Nebulous though and I'm unfamiliar with the SatAM Sonic universe... have any of you tried it yet?

Also looks like Nexus is going to be a latecomer... Too bad but its better than if they rush it. I hate redownloading a game for a minor fix within hours of downloading it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back