[Emerald Hunt] Mondo Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonDeLaAxel

FM Synthesized
What started as a simple emerald test map for fun, slowly evolved into something original! You all should know the drill by now, 3 emeralds to collect, large map to explore. (You might even find a visual gag along the way.)

All resources are contained within the wad itself, there is no need for any resource/texture packs to be loaded and all missing texture should be counted for. If there are any issues, please message me.

Known Bugs:

A couple slime trails hidden about the level, but they don't appear to detract any from the level itself.

The Half-Pipe Ramp is a bit finicky due to how srb2 handles slopes, rolling down them works fine however, though you may sometimes slip off due to going over the wood rails. Ice/Sludge was used to simulate the physics of the slopes so you cannot just "walk up them" without sliding back down.

The Camera can be a tad unforgiving, getting stuck on walls a few times, I need to look into that further. This map does work properly with Analog mode, but the jumps will seem more like a (leap-o-faith) scenerio. Only play that way at your own risk.

Small areas will cause your fps to hiccup a tad, I'm working on pinpointing the areas that do this. Currently one of them appears to be near the Gargoyles.

Author Notes:

I actually have plans in the future of turning this also into a match map, but a lot would have to be tweaked if I want to pull that idea off. That will happen at a later time, and this topic shall be updated accordingly.

https://youtu.be/yLy15XQklm0

A Video of a slightly older build, but the same basic premise of the map in action.

(The wad contains quite a few custom resources, from new water flat replacements, new emerald radar sprites, new grass flats, and a few updates and variations on existing resources. Please do not rip them from the wad as a resource pack shall soon be uploaded containing them to be used by anyone properly, unless I already granted you permission.)

(All resources and content creators are credited, and linked within a credits (text) lump within the wad, if any questions about the locations of resources used or etc.

Happy Hunting! - Axel Moon

Attachments

• srb20114.png
    srb20114.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 678
  • srb20109.png
    srb20109.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 676
  • srb20115.png
    srb20115.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 630
  • sc_MondoMountain.zip
    567 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:
Oh nice! I was waiting for this, nice job on it! I have "lagspikes" a bit on that map, but who cares, this is the first level that I see that includes customized palette and nice graphics.

Really nice level. I like the music, textures and the overall design! Some parts could be a little more open, thats the only thing I can suggest. Its nice to see some single player maps here. Keep them coming! :)

I've have to agree with you there. Trying to find the perfect balance between being open, yet avoiding looking entirely bland isn't an easy task. I've also noticed the lagspikes myself a tad, so I'll probably sneak a small update once I figure out the more troublesome areas. I'm already aware the Gargoyle area happens to be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back