Sonic & Tails Analog Control Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyJoseph64

Boll Deluxe dev
I noticed if you turn on analog control, and you're playing as Sonic & Tails, if you pick up Sonic with Tails, Tails suddenly reverts back to tank controls. It can't be an intentional thing, because Tails alone flies with analog control.

srb2_bug_2_by_cowboyjoseph64-da0hz56.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This'd be fine if it were set to do that if player 2's analog control were set to off, but it does it regardless of the setting.

Tails returns to tank controls if you pick Sonic up by default; I can only presume nobody thought someone would use analog control and then try to have Tails fly them considering Tails and the camera doesn't adapt to analog controls being set and he remains in tank control.

I think it's better to keep it That Way Because it would be difficult to drive the analog flight control.

Last edited:
Just giving you a heads up, the camera does not bloody stay behind you with this bug. It's still the analog camera. As a result of this, I was unable to take advantage of tails without failing miserably. I think we can still call this a bug, even if only for the damn camera. Not to mention, if I set it to analog, I expect it to be analog. When I have tails pick me up, I should be flying with analog. By your logic, we should just make the analog unavailable altogether because it would be difficult to "drive". Yes, the camera is shit, but that's the way I have it set to, and that's the way it should be.

Last edited:
I need to stop embarrassing myself.
shrug.jpg

Still hope you bring it back with a fixed camera someday, analog feels great the few times the camera's cooperating with you.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is actually intentional behaviour, I can pinpoint the exact place in the code that causes Tails to temporary use tank controls when flying about Sonic. Whether it's actually a good idea or not is up to debate of course.

For this reason I'll mark this as Invalid, unless the other devs disagree with me or something. =V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back