Where do I find the source code for the SocEditor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
I've searched "trac.srb2.org" and I didn't see it (it could be under a different name). I've also searched the normal website but I had a feeling it wouldn't be there either.

Just a quick question, can Microsoft Visual C# (2010) open ".frx" formats? Because I would like to know before I download it and possibly find out that it is useless. I ask about this (MVC#) because I remember that SF94 had used this to create the latest SRB2 Launcher (though I don't know if the same coding/language is used in SRB2 Lanucher and SocEdit).
For those who don't know this file: the ".frx" files are the files in the SocEdit source code.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha
SOCEdit was written in Visual Basic 6.

You *may* be able to import it into Visual Basic 2010... then once you've done that, you can convert the VB.NET stuff over to C#.

You're gonna have lots of fun... the text parsing is unnecessarily horrendous.

I think VB2010 was the first version to remove support for old VB6 files. Try VB2008.
Tried it and it didn't install on my Windows 7 as I need a different service pack (SP1), I can't install a different service pack because the laptop I use isn't mine (it belongs to one of my parents) and they probably won't want me to do this on their laptop. Furthermore I can't try it on my Windows XP because that's on a separate computer and that computer has no connection. I might as well wait until I get my own laptop which is probably when I'm in my second year of College. Anyway the SocEdit thing isn't really that important at the moment because I just wanted to know that I have the programs in future to edit the source for the SocEdit.

You could always put the install program on a flash drive and transfer it to the XP computer over that.
I should also note that the install that I got requires you to be online to install it so unless someone knows if there is download for the program (not the install itself but the things that you get after installing) then I can progress on editing the SocEdit.

Perhaps it would just be easier to write a custom SOC editor, after all, SOCs are text files and they don't need too much (if any) custom formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back