Match/CTF Level Rotation - 2.1 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I went ahead and applied the changes I talked about to Aquatic Base. Here's the wad. Other than that and fixing the misplaced textures, I didn't change anything about the level's gameplay (I hope!), though the tunnels ended up looking quite different. You're free to reject it, of course, but I honestly think the changes were for the better.

Wait,How the hell you done this?
How I done what? That's what the teleporters look like in the stage right now. For the record, these are the ones that are inside the tiny holes.

If you're asking if these levels will be in 2.1, most likely. If you're asking if they're not bad, see for yourself!

Please, try to make understandable sentences :P

I agree with Neo Chaotikal in nearly all things he said. But I disagree in this thing:

Dusty Barracks Zone:

[screenshot]

This is what happens when a player dies right outside his or her own base door. It remains stuck open until a same-team member goes near it again, allowing the rival team to storm the place in the meantime. Not that it matters, anyway, since you can thok right through those bars (though it's easier to thok out than in). Get. Rid of these.
These bars are awesome. :D
I always liked the idea of team-only doors or even team-only hazards in CTF maps. These make defending the base easier and allow to leave behind annoying opponents.
If it is possible to thok through the bars, make them thicker or something; if the door stays open if someone dies, put an close-door-sector on the respawn points, let them close automatically after some time or whatever. Just keep those bars. ;)

Also, it is really nice to see that Iron Turret is back. I still have a nostalgia for levels of older SRB2 versions and I did not understand why some of them were removed. If levels are unbalanced or a bit boring, they tend to be removed instead of being improved. :/

Oh, and Nimbus Ruins is great (altough Neo Chaotikals improvement suggestions are great, too). If somebody is too bad at platforming to prevent falling down all the time, he should turn the chasecam on. It really helps and sometimes I do it, too. You should bind a key for chasecam 1 and another for chasecam 0, or, even better, one key for toggle chasecam. This allows you to quickly disable the chasecam to shoot at your followers and to quickly enable it to jump from one platform to another. Platforming without chasecam can be very difficult, but that's your fault, not the map's. ;)

And Nimbus Ruins is one of the few stages where Tails obviously is the best character to play. :D

Last edited:
Also, it is really nice to see that Iron Turret is back. I still have a nostalgia for levels of older SRB2 versions and I did not understand why some of them were removed. If levels are unbalanced or a bit boring, they tend to be removed instead of being improved. :/
Iron Turret wasn't simply "a bit boring", it was more or less seen as the epitome of suck back in the day, which is why it was removed. The new Iron Turret is more or less a drastically different (and better) stage.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Dual Fortress was originally supposed to be in 2.0, but didn't quite make it.

Oh, by the way, I believe I asked you guys to fix the intermittent lasers in Orbital Hangar when it was released as Egg Hanger in the OLDC. Now, as then, they don't turn off, but become wafer-thin slits that are still completely visible. This is totally lame.

Just found a couple of bugs in Dual Fortress.

shot0029.png

Red textures in the blue base. Also...

shot0031.png

That's a weird flag texture. (Reverse of the above textures)

Last edited:
I haven't really played a game in these stages yet, but just exploring them I noticed how rich they were. I could barely believe some of these stages weren't single player stages simply because of their complexity. This is a very positive change for me, and I think netgames will become quite interesting come 2.1.

The Oerg's-Inn dedicated server will be hosting the CTF part of this multiplayer preview for a week.

Molten Fissure zone actually has some serious problems with framerate lag - mostly in the centre.

Perhaps it hates OpenGL, however.

The Oerg's-Inn dedicated server will be hosting the CTF part of this multiplayer preview for a week.

Yeah, I can't wait to play those maps in a real netgame on a server with less than 50 ms ping! :D

Last edited:
Being green or white should be disabled because using green color on grass can be used to cheat and being white on snow is even more cheating.

Being green or white should be disabled because using green color on grass can be used to cheat and being white on snow is even more cheating.

Blending in with your surroundings is a valid strategy, is it not?

And being blue should be disabled because it would be a massive unfair advantage on a stage that makes liberal use of BLUWALL! :D

Seriously, you could ban any color on that basis. It's not that big of a deal anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back