SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2007   #41
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox
Yeah, for electric water, you just need to set Damage (Electric) as the sector type of the water's control sector. It works the exact same way as making lava.
But doesn't that short out the electric barrier?
Believe it or not, the sheild actually still remains because it's got that effect. Same with fire.
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad
BlueZero4 is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #42
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2 Wiki on Sector Type 18
A sector type that will damage the player upon touching the floor, unless the player has an electric (yellow) shield. Unlike the fire damage special, the attraction shield will short upon entering a water block with this special, and damage the player. Because of this, it is impossible to have an electrified water block that the attraction shield can ward off.
You sure about that?
Rob is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #43
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

Just tested it, and I take that back.

And we don't have a topic about this, so....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzo
Setting a "skill level" in Match and CTF netgames is redundant (unless set to Very High, but who plays a netgame Very High nowadays?).
The problem is that none of the stages are designed with difficulties in mind. The maps would benefit greatly if they actually had the stages change for difficulties. Ex: Silver Cascade would have solid floor in the pit on easy. :P
__________________
scr_bz4pack.wad
BlueZero4 is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #44
I'll Begin
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Warrior
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin
More colours in multiplayer. Just simple stuff like Light Red, Cyan, Champagne (if it's in the pallete) and please bring back the Black, but have a level header option to disable that colour in a stage.

Also, a Pallete.DTA file which can be edited like Music.DTA.
As far as the colors you mentioned go, it's impossible to do them without destroying how the game looks/adding new colors to the palette. But I would like to see the palette be something the user can change. And, speaking of palette changes, a new set of not-gray greens would be lovely.
I recently found that there's no Cyan in the pallete, but there is Light Red, as evident with SMS. And Champagne could be done by using the lighter gold colours.
I'll Begin is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #45
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

Light red is already used as part of red's color range. Like I said, change that, and you screw the game's graphics. Gold is already a color option. Why not use that?
Rob is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #46
TDM
New name: "Blivsey"
 
TDM's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMecha
Anolalog(sp) Mode in Multiplayer.
My new dream, because I didn't realize it won't work for Multiplayer.
My server (people's names substituted by fakes):
Code:
<tdm> I got a new controller!
<poca> Cool.
<sonic-omiter> This concerns us how?
<tdm> I'm gonna use Analog mode!
...
<tdm> What the cheese...?
<sonic-omiter> ?
<tdm> No analog??? What?
<queen vikk-a> No way. It doesn't?
Sadly, I work GREAT with the controller. Even though I wish the thing would have the D-pad in the place where the right analog stick is on a PS2 controller... :roll:
__________________
So I sorta need a name change.
TDM is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #47
SRB2-Playah
Ne'er-Do-Anythin'
 
SRB2-Playah's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDM
*Crushers that go both ways: -->] :shock: [<--
That's on the same possibility level of horizontally moving platforms... Probably for the same reason, even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDM
*Make more variety for CTF! :P
I'm not entirely sure what you mean...
__________________
Hey, hey hey.
Chill out.
SRB2-Playah is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #48
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"
 
Flame's Avatar
Default

f
__________________
   |\    _,,,--,,_ _ 
  / , `.-'`'     ._  \-;;, _
  | ,4-  ) )_    .;. \  `'-'
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Flame is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #49
SRB2-Playah
Ne'er-Do-Anythin'
 
SRB2-Playah's Avatar
Default

I certainly hope you mean close-range autoaim, and not long-distance autoaim.
Because that would make babies cry.
__________________
Hey, hey hey.
Chill out.
SRB2-Playah is offline  
Old 04-30-2007   #50
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"
 
Flame's Avatar
Default

Yeah.
It would be cheap to have a long-range autoaim feature for sniping.

I'm just saying, maybe have the Rail-Ring work like autoaim works for Red rings and every other ring, Short range..
__________________
   |\    _,,,--,,_ _ 
  / , `.-'`'     ._  \-;;, _
  | ,4-  ) )_    .;. \  `'-'
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Flame is offline  
Old 05-01-2007   #51
SRB2-Playah
Ne'er-Do-Anythin'
 
SRB2-Playah's Avatar
Default

Rail would be perhaps too powerful at close range with autoaim. And it is made with long-distance shooting in mind.
So, I disagree. Autoaim with rail is not a smashing jolly idea.
__________________
Hey, hey hey.
Chill out.
SRB2-Playah is offline  
Old 05-01-2007   #52
I'll Begin
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMecha
Anolalog(sp) Mode in Multiplayer.
My new dream, because I didn't realize it won't work for Multiplayer.
My server (people's names substituted by fakes):
Code:
<tdm> I got a new controller!
<poca> Cool.
<sonic-omiter> This concerns us how?
<tdm> I'm gonna use Analog mode!
...
<tdm> What the cheese...?
<sonic-omiter> ?
<tdm> No analog??? What?
<queen vikk-a> No way. It doesn't?
Sadly, I work GREAT with the controller. Even though I wish the thing would have the D-pad in the place where the right analog stick is on a PS2 controller... :roll:
If I'm not mistaken, and I probably am, SRB2's netcode sends your button presses to the server and back. The same thing happens for replays, and if you record your replay in Analog mode then it doesn't play back properly. The same thing is probably why Analog is disabled in multiplayer. This kind of netcode also is the reason for the control lag.

Temporary solution: Configure your controls to be more FPS style, with the right thumbstick for the camera and all.

Although it's a real stretch, if SSNTails or any other coders here could be bothered writing a "XYZ position"-based netcode, then this could fix the C-lag and allow people to use Analog online.

But that's not going to happen, so eh.
I'll Begin is offline  
Old 05-01-2007   #53
SRB2-Playah
Ne'er-Do-Anythin'
 
SRB2-Playah's Avatar
Default

SRB2 really could use better netcode. I'm all for anything that would fix the c-lag, or at least make it better.
__________________
Hey, hey hey.
Chill out.
SRB2-Playah is offline  
Old 05-01-2007   #54
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"
 
Flame's Avatar
Default

f
__________________
   |\    _,,,--,,_ _ 
  / , `.-'`'     ._  \-;;, _
  | ,4-  ) )_    .;. \  `'-'
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Flame is offline  
Old 05-05-2007   #55
Draykon
Part-Time Magical Girl
 
Draykon's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik
No idea if this has been already suggested or even implemented before, but fix thok attack trailing! This issue was there always and never fixed: the trail only appears for the first frame. This is because the thok is only one-frame long, the rest is handled by the normal engine. I think I know how to fix this. Some flag probably is activated to prevent the player from multi-thoking, right? Well, that flag could also be used to make the game to add trailing, too. Of course, touching the floor or anything that would stop the thok would also stop the trailing.

Would that work?
Perhaps if player->thokked is true, and the player is moving at a certain speed, then spawn the energy trail.
Draykon is offline  
Old 05-05-2007   #56
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"
 
Flame's Avatar
Default

Actually, wouldn't it be P_SpawnThokMobj?

if Player->thoked is true, then the player won't be able to thok or do an ability action if the player tries to thok again..
__________________
   |\    _,,,--,,_ _ 
  / , `.-'`'     ._  \-;;, _
  | ,4-  ) )_    .;. \  `'-'
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Flame is offline  
Old 05-08-2007   #57
Draykon
Part-Time Magical Girl
 
Draykon's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmint
Uber-sized Horizontally scrolling FOF explanation
The thing is, the problem isn't how it works on the mapper's end, it's how it works on the programmer's end. The engine simply dosen't allow for horizontally scrolling FOFs.
Draykon is offline  
Old 05-08-2007   #58
Segmint
Permanently Banned
 
Segmint's Avatar
Default

Well, that I'm not actually sure about.

It feels that it isn't possible, but I don't know if it could actually be possible.

That's the problem. They haven't said if it is/isn't possible with the engine, which is why I took the time to explain how it would work in editing, just in case it is possible.
Segmint is offline  
Old 05-10-2007   #59
ST218
 
ST218's Avatar
Default

You need to understand the Doom Engine a little. That nodesbuilding process? Among other things, it puts in a little thing that says where every sector is, X and Y wise. If a sector were to somehow change X/Y position, the nodesbuilding process would have to be redone.

Go on, make a level of any decent size, and time the nodesbuild process. With horizontally moving platforms, you have to do that process 35 times per second. Basically, just plain not possible.
ST218 is offline  
Old 05-10-2007   #60
I'll Begin
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by on Edge
I know that some people like the after-images in 1095, but I don't.

Make an option in the launcher that turns after-images off.
Besides the fact afterimages originated in SRB2JTE, and the 1.09.5 DOOM afterimages resemble PrettySRB2's, I totally agree with you, and I'm sure Draykon would as well.

However, I'd rather it be an option in the options menu, and that they are off by default.

And furthermore, 1.09.5 isn't an official version. It's being developed by Alam. Although I heard somewhere that afterimages would be in 1.1 anyway.
I'll Begin is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X) FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (2.0.X) 1883 02-19-2013 04:01 PM
OpenGL Discussion Topic frozenLake SRB2 Discussion 17 06-29-2010 11:28 AM
Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade) Spazzo SRB2 Forum Archives 271 07-01-2009 06:04 AM
srb2me ilikepieguy SRB2 Discussion 4 06-02-2009 03:01 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.