Isolated Case Speed Pads desync replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
Watching any replay in which the player touches a speed pad immediately desyncs playback upon touching it. Although the replay looks normal for the most part, certain linedef executors seem to break horribly, among other things.

I've got two gifs demonstrating what happens when replaying playing through a level normally, and then what happens when I dick around with speed pads first (the gifs seem to double in speed for some reason, so just ignore that...).
Normal:
srb20006.gif

Speed Pads:
srb20004.gif
Note how it says demo playback has desynced as soon as I touch the first speed pad. The button worked when I touched only one speed pad, but when I touched more than one...well, see for yourself. In fact, in one of my longer replays on this level, Knuckles eventually desynced horribly and eventually died by...crushing? A red crawla? I couldn't even tell.

I've replicated this in two other levels too, by the way (the other two acts of the zone shown in the gif, as a matter of fact). I haven't tried it with speed pads of different speeds (because, quite frankly, I forgot they came in slower variants)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching any replay in which the player touches a speed pad immediately desyncs playback upon touching it. Although the replay looks normal for the most part, certain linedef executors seem to break horribly, among other things.

I've got two gifs demonstrating what happens when replaying playing through a level normally, and then what happens when I dick around with speed pads first (the gifs seem to double in speed for some reason, so just ignore that...).
Normal:
srb20006.gif

Speed Pads:
srb20004.gif
Note how it says demo playback has desynced as soon as I touch the first speed pad. The button worked when I touched only one speed pad, but when I touched more than one...well, see for yourself. In fact, in one of my longer replays on this level, Knuckles eventually desynced horribly and eventually died by...crushing? A red crawla? I couldn't even tell.

I've replicated this in two other levels too, by the way (the other two acts of the zone shown in the gif, as a matter of fact). I haven't tried it with speed pads of different speeds (because, quite frankly, I forgot they came in slower variants)...

Is That Dark City Zone!?

...I can't actually seem to reproduce this situation at all. No desync even with just one speed pad, at least in my simple test map here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back