2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait wait. This is definitely 100% legit and not just a joke? 2 weeks from now we will actually have 2.1? ._.

This means that when you try to strafe while going beyond max speed, you'll actually turn instead of the strafe key being mostly ignored, but it'll start to normalize your speed to your normal max run speed.
Does that mean the player's camera will also turn when strafing? Hopefully not...

So wait wait. This is definitely 100% legit and not just a joke? 2 weeks from now we will actually have 2.1? ._.
This is as real as it gets.

And personally I'm looking forward to seeing the new Techno Hill Zone in its completed glory. Skyboxes, new gimmicks and more oh my.

130302435718.jpg

I've been out of the scene for a while now so please excuse me if this question is ridiculous but have any features from the Community Build been incorporated into 2.1?

I assume by that you mean slopes. If so, I don't think so. STJ want slopes to be done properly or not at all. Any other features that you could possibly mean, I'm unaware of. :P

And so the entirety of 2.0.7 was consigned to glaber's SRB2 The Past mod.

Last edited:
We've been *attempting* to put in some of the OpenGL fixes from SRB2CB into 2.1, but Kalaron changed the OpenGL code a lot so I don't know how that's going to go before 2.1's release.

I assume by that you mean slopes. If so, I don't think so. STJ want slopes to be done properly or not at all. Any other features that you could possibly mean, I'm unaware of. :P

Besides which, SRB2CB is entirely OpenGL-based, and no support exists for slopes in Software in that. So no slopes in 2.1.

Last edited:
And so the entirety of 2.0.7 was consigned to glaber's SRB2 The Past mod.

Working on it. It won't be added in until 2.1 is out as I need to see the differences between the stages myself.

The best you're going to get for slopes for now sounds like it's going to be the Pseudo Slopes.

We've been *attempting* to put in some of the OpenGL fixes from SRB2CB into 2.1, but Kalaron changed the OpenGL code a lot so I don't know how that's going to go before 2.1's release.

Besides which, SRB2CB is entirely OpenGL-based, and no support exists for slopes in Software in that. So no slopes in 2.1.

And of those, it's not even features. More like bugfixes (lol fog blocks) or stuff that's now in Software but not OpenGL (skyboxes). We want render parity. Anything in SRB2CB that's not available in software is stuff we're not looking at.

Kalaron magically popping up would be awesome about now. =P

Last edited:
Huh. And all this time I thought support for OpenGL had been dropped.
Anyway, I waited my whole high school career for this, I'm there day one.

I remind that Mystic spoke that "more or less two weeks", they are not exactly two. It seems that there still is not a right date.

I remind that Mystic spoke that "more or less two weeks", they are not exactly two. It seems that there still is not a right date.

Right. It might not be exactly two weeks, it could be like two Fridays from now or something.

I get the feeling that someone is gonna spill water on their computer and loose all the data the day before it's released.

It'd be just our luck.

I get the feeling that someone is gonna spill water on their computer and loose all the data the day before it's released.

It'd be just our luck.

BACKUPS! In multiple places! A separate backup in every USB key the developers own! One in a London safe deposit box and one under constant surveillance by Beijing government forces! At least two in cold storage... buried in the Antarctic ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back