Is the Releases rating system broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
I suspect Releases rating system is broken.

I started to think so when I tried to rate a level pack, and then I see "You have already rated this thread"; I thought "I don't remember I had rated this pack with a such rating I would *never* give". So I opened other packs to make sure of what's going on... almost all them had my vote, including ones that I had never known before.

Examples:

F_TechnoLaser-2.0.wad has only one vote, which is 1.00/5 and mine. I'd *never* give KO.T.E's map a 1/5!

I just downloaded MetalRobotnik.wad to give it a try. After testing it, I tried to rate.... and there again "You have already rated this thread".

There's one or more wads that received 5/5 from me, but I - on my sanity - would never give them 5/5. Obviously, I won't tell their names here ^^'.

Suggestion part

I'd like to be able to change my vote, specially after an author has updated their topic.

That's all.

Last edited:
I've experienced something similar. There's a thread that had 1 vote and it told me I was the one who voted on it even though I haven't played that level. Can't remember the name of the thread though.

Wow, I've had this too, but for 20 submissions or something. I even gave some worthless maps 5/5, while I'd never do that...

Same here, this is getting really annoying, and I never rated any of those maps before...

And that's the whole point, once ONE person rates something, then it is permanently set and counts as EVERYONE'S vote.

Should be simple to fix if worked on...

I think it's safe to assume it's a vBulletin bug, since we're not the only ones.

I'll look around for a fix, else wait for an update.

Is there any updates yet?

I find it a little unfair since some levels get 5/5 from some random users. Making it look the best out of all the level packs out there.

[20:20] <@Alam_Squeeze> I am not going to update vB, I do not know what changes Cue did to the vB system

Just waiting on Cue, really.

I'll do it tonight probably, I'm deploying a 3.8.5 upgrade for a client tonight anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back