Is it possible to add motion blur to SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
Direct3D is really just another case of Microsoft pushing an inferior product onto consumers using its operating system dominance as leverage. OpenGL even existed before Direct3D did and supported many more features until Direct3D caught up around version 7 or 8. Microsoft could have just integrated OpenGL into DirectX, but they wanted something that was proprietary to them and would force people to have their programs work only on the Windows platform.

lol microsoft

Eh, besides, I find Motion Blur to look kinda icky in most games anyways. I'd much rather prefer someone doing something more... helpful.

If I get motion blur to work, here are the things I think it should be used for:

When you are launched from a diagonal spring
when you thok
when you spindash
when you lightdash
and when you reach your top speed while using the speed shoes power up.
(motion blur still shows up when you take a screenshot of the game.)

Or how about, having it blur any time your speed goes faster than the characters max run speed.

This way, it can work in any instance in which the character is going faster than normal.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
motionblurzh2.png

Sources say: YES IT'S POSSIBLE!
As you can see here, Sonic is running at 88 miles per hour.

I'd love to see Motion Blur in SRB2, even though my computer wouldn't be able to handle it.

Same here. The video card I got on here sucks. I had one on an older computer, that was older than this on, and I could do 3D modeling on a 400 MGhz PC, and on here I can't because theres not enough video memory. So my PC probably wouldn't be able to handle it ether.

My GFX card is a nVidia RIVA TNT2, which kind of annoys me, but it's better than my old graphics card.

I also have an old processor, too. Pentium III 800mhz.

That's not motion blur, that's the "GR_FOV" console command. It lets you change the field of view.

I find GR_FOV 155 and CAM_DIST 112 provide the best results for being able to see without having Sonic way in the distance like that.

I love AUTOEXEC.CFG.

There's a command that will make it automatically switch the FOV when you're moving at your max speed, but I don't remember what it is.. Doesn't work particularly well, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back