Custom HUD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning-Fox

Does not approve of rails.
So, there's some weird issue with SRB2's resolution crap. If you try to make custom HUD, if you turn down the resolution the HUD will appear out of place...?

HUDs added in Lua do NOT scale along with the aspect ratio of resolutions unlike the regular HUD in SRB2, making it virtually impossible to create a workng HUD that'll be consistent on all resolutions. .3.;
Even when they're literally told to copy the positions of the original HUD items.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you made sure you're using resolutions like 320x200, 640x400, 960x600 or 1280x800?
Since they scale and keep their locations fine then. I remember a when I made a custom HUD I did it at an odd resolution and because of that it was messed up on pretty much any other resolution.
High.png

Low.png

Take these images for example the one on the top is at a resolution of 1280x800 and the one at the bottom is a resolution of 320x200.

You should ALWAYS make sure it works on 320x200, 640x400, 960x600, or 1280x800. Even if you can't get it to look right on the rest of the resolutions, those resolutions are unsupported anyways. Basically, test HUDs always through the resolutions highlighted in green on the resolution selection screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back