Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX

Dooms day is comming...
Ever heard of a game from bungie called marathon? Didn't think so. Marathon is an FPS full of first's, like duel welding (shotguns :P)! Want a copy? I can give you one! Legaly! i'll walk you through on how to get it! Just know it's a bit bloddy!

Heres a few things u can do:
8 player multiplayer! Even with coop!
50+ levels!
multipual downloadable multiplayer maps!
fan games made off the same engien!
both stares and slopes (take that SRB2!)
dual welding (pistles, and shotguns! take THAT Halo!)
loats of stuff to kill :D
loats of weapons >:)
... and much more! :)
step 1: go here: http://source.bungie.org/get/

step1.png

the site

step 2: download the proper Alpha One for your OS (you'll probly have to windows)

step 3: download a Scenario! If your gonna play online, get infinity! if your gonna do single player, start with marathon 1

step 4: exstract both files, the Scenario in a diffrent folder!
step2a.png

Exstract here, eatch one has it's own folder. M1A1 is short for marathon 1 alpha 1
step 5: copy an alpha one into the Scenario folder.
step3a.png

copy...
step3b.png

paste...
step 6: your ready to roll! start up the alpha one and your ready to play!

here's some non-bloddy screenshots:
inf04.jpg

i said no blood, but not shots :P
mara7.jpg

say hello to my little friend >:)
mara6.jpg

time to kill >:D

Those's should be enough to show you how asowm this game is :)

Last edited:
I tried playing Marathon a while back, but I found it remarkably difficult to customize my controls. As I recall, the settings couldn't be changed in-game or something ridiculous like that. After trying for about half an hour to get it working, I gave up and played something else. I'd love to give it another go if they've done something about that.

well, they haven't done anything about in-game customaction, but they made it eayser to customize the controls. The only MAIN problem will be getting the mouse movement right.

Yeah, but that's a flaw with the Aleph-One source port, not Marathon itself (well, okay, Marathon itself may have had the same issue, but face it, you're using the source port instead). You could always complain to them instead. :P

I tried a good deal of Durandal until I wound up in this level which basically was a giant maze with flooding water. I wound up with the entire level flooded and no real clue as to where to go. Fun. The game up to that point had been very straightforward, so...

lol, i know that fealing. some levels on my first playthrough took me a day(s?) but online play is fun!

From the makers of Halo comes...

...The Marathon Man? you don't Get a name in the game, so...
anyway, it's made from bungie, so you KNOW it's good :D

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Highly ironic, eh?

Anyways, I gotta try this sometime. I've been wanting to play this for quite awhile.

yah, i wouldn't throw a game here just cause i wanted to point out a failing game. i'd throw a game here if you should try to play it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back