Jet the Hawk (4.22.14 Update) - Babylon Rogue's Leader Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
With permission from the original guy who made the original 2.0 Jet WAD, Chaos Zero 64, I present to you guys a 2.1 port and enhancement of that very same Jet wad.
Originally Jet had the Multi-Thok ability, much like what Sonic used to have in SRB2. But now thanks to lua scripting, I was able to do something a little better by giving Jet a short Boost. Which can be really useful for reaching some places. Though to make up for no more Multi-Thok, I gave Jet the ability to Double Jump, and his overall jump has been increased to go a little higher. Afterall, he IS a flightless bird.
Other than that, not much else to say, enjoy!
srb20008.gif

Update 1 (4.8.14)
- Jet can no longer hold the Spin Button to constantly Boost
- Runspeed has been lowered
- IIRC, he can no longer Boost when the level is complete
- Jet can Boost in the air again (This is due to the fact that he's nerfed enough to where it's pretty unnecessary keeping it disabled)

Update 2 (4.9.14)
- Jet has yet again been reverted back to not being able to Air Boost

Update 3 (4.15.14)
- Removed a potential bug related to the skins.

Update 4 (4.22.14)
- Jet's "Hawk Boost" has been more balanced thanks to 742mph
- Removed Jet's voice clips because unfitting
- Given him the unnecessary ability to Uncurl when falling off edges
- Can now break breakable walls thanks to 742mph

Attachments

• Jet.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 6,348
Last edited:
Oh-hoh, that dash ability is pretty fun to use. Especially when dashing then double jumping. I did notice your spindash frames though, but it works I guess :p

Welcome to releases.

Might I suggest setting the runspeed a little lower? Sometimes, even when running at his full speed(without the dash), he'll still be in his walking frames.

By the way guys, a few things to Jet will get changed next update. Mostly regarding the Character Select pic and the Signpost, at least I hope these get updated. I will also take into consideration other things that could be fixed with Jet. Like lowering his runspeed (Kirblord23's idea), and other things.

I have updated Jet a little, redownload the file please!

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that this is mostly Wolfy's doing as to why you can't hold the Boost Button down anymore. So credit him 'n stuff. :V

Last edited:
Updated him again, but it's mainly just a small fix which reverts him back to unable to Air Boost. So redownload if you haven't already.

Was fun to play as until he was nerfed. :/
He was OP. There's plenty of reason for removing his permanent invincibility by holding spin. In that state he could dash through all the ERZ3 lasers without being hit a single time. Air boost is an even worse offender, since it allows you unlimited correctional thrusts.

He was OP.

I find it funny that you, of all people, are saying this.

Anyway, I thought this character was pretty fun to play as. The thing that I really don't like is the sprites, the shading is really off.

I find it funny that you, of all people, are saying this.
Granted I do have a reputation for porting the most OP character of all time, but I do actually look for balance when I design lua abilities :P

Granted I do have a reputation for porting the most OP character of all time, but I do actually look for balance when I design lua abilities :P
What if the "boost" didn't make him invincible and was only useable once while in air ?(It's already slower than sonic's thok and the old version had a cooldown on it, which didn't allow many air dashes) ?

What if the "boost" didn't make him invincible and was only useable once while in air ?(It's already slower than sonic's thok and the old version had a cooldown on it, which didn't allow many air dashes) ?

Difficult to implement for less gain than its worth. You could always use boost+jump to get even more of a dash through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back