[Open Assets] Spike.soc

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cronic

This is for people who don't like making sector based spikes.
It is what it is a soc which make the thing spike solid and hurt you.*
When i tested it they worked perfectly.
For people that attachments don't work sorry.
Here's a small job for people who can use attachments can you make some mirrors please.

Screenshots: none you'd probably think their sector based sprites!

Another thing you don't have to give credit ignore the show your support thing.^-^

Cronic out.

* Also the collision is good.

Attachments

• spike.rar
    94 bytes · Views: 521
Last edited:
Oh god, this is absolutely hilarious.

I never suspected that STJr left the hard-coded spikes collision in while just changing the object config to make them intangible. I did a test to make sure, you don't even need MF_Enemy or Damage = 1 on this thing.

I really have to thank you for finding this out. There are tons of old maps out there that can be ported much easier thanks to this.

I never suspected that STJr left the hard-coded spikes collision in while just changing the object config to make them intangible. I did a test to make sure, you don't even need MF_Enemy or Damage = 1 on this thing.

I really have to thank you for finding this out. There are tons of old maps out there that can be ported much easier thanks to this.

Why thank you its good to know :).

I take it that these Thing Spikes will be in 2.1? =3

Anyways, great job!

Like it was so hard to make spikes that weren't sector based. XD
good soc, if only it was actually in the game.

I've never really understood why this was taken out of SRB2 in the first place. What's the harm in providing multiple ways to produce the same spike effect?

EDIT: Wait a minute. I just downloaded it, put it in my folder, and discovered that I already have this SOC! How is that possible? Maybe I just grabbed it from the MS while you were testing it in a netgame or something...

I've never really understood why this was taken out of SRB2 in the first place. What's the harm in providing multiple ways to produce the same spike effect?

EDIT: Wait a minute. I just downloaded it, put it in my folder, and discovered that I already have this SOC! How is that possible? Maybe I just grabbed it from the MS while you were testing it in a netgame or something...
Thats weird I never tested it online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back