SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Default MD2 Help

I am making my first ever md2, however, I've run into a problem. The model I am using (unused Dreamcast Sonic from SADX) has multiple texture files and an mtl file with it. Is it possible to use more than one png file, and if not, how does one put all the textures into one png?

Old 4 Days Ago   #2
MarioFreak2001
That guy who mains Knux

To answer your first question, no. To answer your second question, you need to use a program similar to microsoft paint. I'd suggest using paint.net. It's a lot easier to show you than explain it to you, but I have no way of doing that.

Last edited by MarioFreak2001; 4 Days Ago at 01:41 AM.
MarioFreak2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
RomioTheBadass
Tells his feels outrightly

Actually, you should make separate meshes out of your model and texture them individually (so that some use the same textures, you may have to UV Unwrap your model), then join them.
Old 4 Days Ago   #4
XleederTH
íReremy

The first step is: make a .png with all these textures, an then put again all the areas of the texture.
Remember! all the textures need to be in the same .png
Old 2 Days Ago   #5
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFreak2001 View Post
To answer your first question, no. To answer your second question, you need to use a program similar to microsoft paint. I'd suggest using paint.net. It's a lot easier to show you than explain it to you, but I have no way of doing that.
Well, seeing as I have been using paint.net for a few years, my work here is done. To a point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Actually, you should make separate meshes out of your model and texture them individually (so that some use the same textures, you may have to UV Unwrap your model), then join them.
I have no idea what that means. Is that a bad thing? because this is my first time doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XleederTH View Post
The first step is: make a .png with all these textures, an then put again all the areas of the texture.
Remember! all the textures need to be in the same .png
I tried that, then this:

Old 1 Day Ago   #6
RomioTheBadass
Tells his feels outrightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang the Weasle View Post
I have no idea what that means. Is that a bad thing? because this is my first time doing this.
Mesh is one of the first things and basics they teach you how to deal with as a new modeller, you have to have separate Meshes so you can easily texture them after UV Unwrapping them, you might be thinking "what are meshes, what's UV, how do i unwrap", Well you should take few Modelling lessons :P, those are easy to find on youtube, I Recommend using Blender, It's a very popular free 3D Art suit that most developers use.

Misfit dropped development years ago and you may be lacking lots of useful tools that may ease working on your Model.

Last edited by RomioTheBadass; 1 Day Ago at 10:12 AM.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #7
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

Quote:
Well, seeing as I have been using paint.net for a few years, my work here is done. To a point...

I tried that, then this:

Your on the right track, one quick fix and your texture.PNG file is ready to go, the errors about it being a power of 2 refer to the texture's resolution. The height and width need to be a power of 2.
Your next step is to fix the texture coordinates, you have to manually adjust the model's texture coordinates to the new texture. This is done in misfit. I recommend doing it piece by piece. trying to give you these terms the way misfit labels them to make it easier.
Jeck Jims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #8
XleederTH
íReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeck Jims View Post
Your on the right track, one quick fix and your texture.PNG file is ready to go, the errors about it being a power of 2 refer to the texture's resolution. The height and width need to be a power of 2.
Your next step is to fix the texture coordinates, you have to manually adjust the model's texture coordinates to the new texture. This is done in misfit. I recommend doing it piece by piece. trying to give you these terms the way misfit labels them to make it easier.
That's that I mean, but I think is a little bit hard for him, because he's new in this.
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Is there a plug-in for misfit that allows me to edit in a 3d viewpoint? Because I'm having trouble mapping the textures without that feature.
Old 1 Day Ago   #10
XleederTH
íReremy

Quote:
Is there a plug-in for misfit that allows me to edit in a 3d viewpoint? Because I'm having trouble mapping the textures without that feature.
Sadly not, misfit hasn't useful plugins.
Old 1 Day Ago   #11
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XleederTH View Post
Sadly not, misfit hasn't useful plugins.
Well shit...

Alright, I'll post again when I finish the textures, or if anything comes up. Thanks to all.