Mega Man Xover recreated in Flash in less than 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost-who-walks said:
You know, it makes sense now why this is an iOS game: Capcom doesn't actually expect anyone to buy this. They've pissed off all the Megaman fans with their mistreatment of the character, and pretty much everything Capcom has done since Inafune's departure from the company has been a giant middle finger to further aggravate them.

Sonic fans, sorry to say it but you guys have been dethroned as having suffered the sharpest decline of a franchise in history. Atleast Sega wanted to do right by you, even if they failed several times. Capcom is actively and maliciously prodding and taunting us Megaman fans, determined to grind the series' reputation into dust and then rub our faces in it.

(http://kotaku.com/5944831/mega-man-fans-you-might-not-want-to-watch-this)

Daemon_Gildas said:
You know, it's really a damn shame, because Mega Mega is still one of the most recognizable characters ever created -- maybe not quite up there with the likes of Mickey Mouse, but I can promise you that a lot of people know who he is, even if they don't know the name.

Personally, I think the best thing Capcom could do is to just release the "Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version". From the one journalist who played it, he said that it was a complete product. Just change the title-screen and name; call it something like "Barrett's Adventure", with a small tagline "Mega Man Legends" (kind of like how Yoshi's Island was technically "Super Mario World 2").

Barring that, they need to put their hands together and at least ANNOUNCE something. Capcom was built upon its stellar reputation amongst gamers, and they've already pretty much pissed on Mega Man and Resident Evil fans. Something to keep in mind is the phrase "Brand-loyalty", because many of those Mega Man fans also buy other Capcom games, just like many of us are extremely loyal to Valve or Blizzard, because they have such strong backgrounds.

They've canned two separate Mega Man games, and released a shitty knock-off. If this 25th Anniversary -- and 25 is a really important number -- comes and goes without so much as an ANNOUNCEMENT, I guarantee, it's going to be the final straw for a lot of Mega Man fans -- fans who will also stop supporting Capcom's other efforts.

Honestly, if I was in there shoes, I would just announce "Hey, we're working on a new Mega Man reboot, basing it closely on the Archie Comics reboot". And then just gradually build a team to finish the project in the next 5 years. Seriously, I don't think anyone is screaming that "We need a game RIGHT NOW", but there's a general feeling that the character has been abandoned.

By announcing a full, retail (or digital) title, it would save their image, but not necessarily tie them down into spending a bunch of money on a game that, if we're being completely realistic with each other, probably isn't destined to be a Greatest Seller. What it does do, however, is ensure that those Mega Man fans remain loyal to the Capcom name.

And long as the game isn't total shit, like this one is.

(http://kotaku.com/5951557/flash-ver...withering-rebuke-from-the-series-biggest-fans)

Nothing more needs to be said, in my opinion.

Clear enough to me that the license abandoned their blue bomber. For Sonic's 20th anniversary, Sega made a very revaluing game since they did their best to recreate the old times for the new and old players of today, to experience the oldest of the blue hedgehog, and on the other hand, Capcom lost confidence in Mega Man, and features an awful "game" if we can call that, for its 25 years, not making anything could have even been better than making a downgrading mini-game for mobile phone. How on the world is this supposed to reflect their love for him ? It sounds more to a forced chore than a celebration... Just, how. How they dare to do that.

When you know that the blue robot has been Capcom's mascot for a very long time, and even more, is a video game icon like Sonic&Mario, it's heavy from them to treat him like that.

But, fans. It's good to have them, isn't it.

Clear enough to me that the license abandoned their blue bomber. For Sonic's 20th anniversary, Sega made a very revaluing game since they did their best to recreate the old times for the new and old players of today, to experience the oldest of the blue hedgehog, and on the other hand, Capcom lost confidence in Mega Man, and features an awful "game" if we can call that, for its 25 years, not making anything could have even been better than making a downgrading mini-game for mobile phone. How on the world is this supposed to reflect their love for him ? It sounds more to a forced chore than a celebration... Just, how. How they dare to do that.

When you know that the blue robot has been Capcom's mascot for a very long time, and even more, is a video game icon like Sonic&Mario, it's heavy from them to treat him like that.

But, fans. It's good to have them, isn't it.
Yeah, it's good to have him.

He probably refers to "But, fans. It's good to have them, isn't it", for some reason as a "he"... That's the only way I can see making that sentence any sense, at least...

This is just... wow.

And the sadest thing is the fact that what the guy said at the end of the video WILL probably happen, just like how Capcom blamed the fans for Legends' cancelation.
Wow.

He probably refers to "But, fans. It's good to have them, isn't it", for some reason as a "he"... That's the only way I can see making that sentence any sense, at least...

Wow I'm seriously the only one to get that? He's saying Megaman only has one fan.

No excuse me while I locate my old knuckledusters.

Surprisingly, it looks like I got a topic confused because of ... the fuzzy way I wrote my sentence-
Yay then let's make the things clearer,
"But, fans. It's good to have them, isn't it" : I was saying that it's good to have fans, because they can keep Mega Man more alive, in contrast with Capcom's iOS game. "Them" refers to the fans.
And, the grammar lesson now comes to an end
He's saying
Not officially~

Last edited:
305383_397915783616002_1743987047_n.jpg

Welp guys. . .Happy anniversary to our Blue Bomber, and haha. . .get this~

From 100 said:
I'm just gonna give a brief description of it here for those who are too lazy to read through it: according to Chistian Svensson, Senior Vice-President of Capcom USA, SFXMM is going to be acting as an "interest gauge" of sorts to help Capcom determine which direction they're going to take Mega Man next.

Full article + Link to download

And of course the group intends on bringing in the support by posting a posting a pic of their official download to support the series (and obviously the Legends game XD). Either way. . .Capcom is using this (fan) game as an interest gauge to see if anyone is still interested in Mega Man.

Let's see where this goes people, I'm sure as heck showing my support. . .well once the servers stop crashing. People are going nuts XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back