Metal Sonic - Blade Edition (metal.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see what's so bad about it looking shiny. In fact, I like it that way. He looks pretty darn cool in my opinion, and he's nice and simple to control. The jumping noise kind of bothers me though when you have to jump a lot. Other than that it's a very good WAD.

Overall: 9/10

New version is out. Now includes the version with SFXs. Metal Sonic will make a sound if he kills someone in match/CTF. The No SFX version has also been updated, I removed the jump sound, plus a few small bugs that you most likely didn't notice.

Best. Metal. Sonic. EVER!

Really now, holy crap! Shiny, shaded, the whole dang thing. Amazingly awesome. You are an awesome spriter. I like the double-jump, too. Gives the game some variety in abilities. (Sorry, Ilike this better than the other one by...? Hold on...)

Say Blade, was this figure considered at all?
lifesizemetalsonictoy.png
Best. Metal. Sonic. EVER!

Really now, holy crap! Shiny, shaded, the whole dang thing. Amazingly awesome. You are an awesome spriter. I like the double-jump, too. Gives the game some variety in abilities. (Sorry, Ilike this better than the other one by...? Hold on...)
Chaos Zero 64

Last edited:
Awesome Metal Sonic, Blade :) I like how shiny he is XD I'll say my favorite frame is the falling frame :>

To bad.. :< The socs don't work on characters, I know you'd make an awesome soc for Metal.

Anyways good job :D

Awesome Metal Sonic, Blade :) I like how shiny he is XD I'll say my favorite frame is the falling frame :>

To bad.. :< The socs don't work on characters, I know you'd make an awesome soc for Metal.

Anyways good job :D
But don't Senku have a SOC in him? And Nitemare too because of the trail. . .

Nice job on this!

Hey, you did a nice job on this! Also I'm new to the SRB2 Message Boards and I would be happy if someone told me about some of the stuff here.

Eh, I should probably comment on this since I've had it for so long...
It's good. It doesn't look horrible, but doesn't deserve a perfect 5 stars. It doesn't fit in SRB2's style very much either, but it's overall decent. The side frames look a bit weird, and so do the walking frames from the back. I like it, but not as much as I do the original one by CZ64, which does fit more with SRB2's style.

I've been updating Metal Sonic lately. Alot of his front-side and back-side needed work, so I have been redoing them, along with touching up the other sprites. I don't know when it'll be done, but I'll probably wait for 2.1 so that I can give him some better abilities.

Shiny stuff there. Umm metal sonic is something I love most. But I was hoping for a smaller pic because my computer is really slow so it took like 15 minutes to load the pic. But after that is trimendus.

Last edited:
I just can't stop looking at it. I've added this to "my pictures". It lookes... REAL! With all those shaded things and all. I wonder why I can't play Metal sonic on srb2.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is one of the best character wads to come out in awhile. You really did a fantastic job with this.

I don't understand why people seem to stick up for Chaos Zero 64's version. Sure, you can argue that it "fit the original style" or whatever, but it was cheaply made and simply ugly. It looked like a stupid little cerealbox cut-out.

This rendition, on the other hand, is CLEARLY better. Like, 100% better. The diagonal running sprites and the shoes on the back standing sprite are a little awkward, but those are my only complaints. Awesome job.

To add onto what corneliab said, it also has a different ability than Sonic, so there's actually a reason to add this into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back