Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this game. I like the fact that it's main focus is speed, rather than mainly depending on using items to win as in the Mario Kart series. It has a large amount of items to buy in the shop and tons of challenges. There are a good amount of extra paths in the courses and the courses are, overall, very interesting and fun.

I spent two weeks in a row playing this game the day after I bought it.

Mario Kart used to be dependent on skills when it first came out. In fact, the AI was so cheap that they basically WANTED you to play with others and brag about your skills.

Once it hit to Mario Kart DS, I do believe Nintendo realized that some people were straying away from the game because it was "too hard". So they tried to make it easier by turning it into "hectic" fun. By the Wii version, I believe they ruined the series as it's too dependent on items.

ASR takes what was good about the Mario Kart series and reminds us that, it wasn't all about luck around the first few games.

Still like Crash team racing/ crash nitro kart better than ASR as MK clones, but meh. It was a good try on Sumo.

It's not that there won't be any future DLC anymore. SEGA is simply the one choosing to release more or not. They should, if people keep downloading DLC content. And with Metal Sonic and the Death Egg track, we should be getting one soon enough.

We get a save file, a key for a skin thats already in game. Metal Sonic(Which was already in game but taken out... then they gave him a car) and a level.

Not that much stuff besides Sonic. From what I've been hearing, this game was supposed to have a lot of DLC. Now, a lot of fans are disappointed cause they get a Sonic character and a Sonic level as DLC.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/asr-dlc-ball-in-segas-court-now

:(

Future DLC's in SEGA's hands now. I'm guessing that means that we'll see no future DLC ever. I guess I can't say the NiD peoples battle for NiGHTS has lost yet, although it's not looking very good.

An important thing to remember now is that SEGA has changed their priorities a bit; they're starting to focus more on the Digital Media now (with games much like Sonic 4). A focus on the Digital Media could mean that we will see more SaSASR DLC, or we might not. It's a small window of hope though.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178956

I rented this game from GameFly and I loved it. I drifted nearly every second... even on straight roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back