[Open Assets] Lock-On Reticle

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
Ever preform a homing attack on an enemy but always find your distance misjudged and not home in at all? Then this is the script for you! :P

It's exactly what's it says on the box. a target reticle that let's you know when you're close enough to an Enemy to use a homing attack. (Ala ModernSonic games)

V1.0, Initial release

V2.0, Fixed a bug related to having a lightdash script added to the game.

V2.1, Made it so it works for all characters that use CA_HOMINGATTACK

V2.2, fixed a bug with the reticle not always ...targeting enemies right away

Attachments

• srb20015.gif
    srb20015.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,676
  • Lock-OnV2.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 4,238
Last edited:
A small recommendation, you might want to disable the reticule if the player has already thokked, since it's impossible to homing attack afterwards.

With that, welcome to Releases!

Alright, thanks for putting this into releases Zipper. I also fixed the "bug" you mentioned in your post. (hopefully) So...updated i suppose.

EDIT: (no double posting :P ) Anyway, i fixed a major bug relating to lightdash added, which would spam the lock-on sfx and put the reticle on rings. Now this will work for anyone who maybe wants to use this with say.... the heroes mod.

EDIT2: Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be released in...Lua....it IS a Lua script after all.

Last edited:
Quick question, why Sonic only? I mean there are multiple characters with homing attacks, it would be nice if they're all capable of doing it.

Sonic is just used as an example and anyone who wants to use this can...after all, it's marked as reusable

I actually think the character this would be the more useful on currently is Shadow because of the Chaos Control / Homing Attack ability. But, this aside, this is some pretty damn neat script, good job!~

Well, updated to 2.1 (oh it matches the current srb2 version zomgggg)

Anyway, it now allows you to use it with any character that can preform homing attack. Although it still forces Sonic to use Homing attack (yea, sorry. Needed a way for people to test this)

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Well, Another update. This time relating to the Reticle itself. Check changelog for details.

EDIT2: Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be released in...Lua....it IS a Lua script after all.

Mainly because the file's true attraction is the target reticules, which is a graphic addition. Basically it's the same reasoning behind putting hats in Misc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back