[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ChaosX

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

76c154c72e.png

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
7c25ac7422.png
38821cb98d.png
05a5db1350.png
1acf0acf7e.png
a2f31c33a5.png
0a75fae35a.png
6c387d5f78.png

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

SADX Sonic and Tails:

srb2win2014-03-2710-32-59-270.png

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

SonicColorsMD2.png

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

SA2ComingSoon.png

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

76c154c72e.png
[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
7c25ac7422.png
38821cb98d.png
05a5db1350.png
1acf0acf7e.png
a2f31c33a5.png
0a75fae35a.png
a6e9b7ea69.png
6c387d5f78.png

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Attachments

• Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 8,391
  • Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 7,602
  • Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar
    7.1 MB · Views: 7,550
Last edited:
Just tested these out and I gotta say, you did a darn good job on these MD2's!
These ARE going to make my entertainment endless =P
So keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to more MD2's =)

Just tested these out and I gotta say, you did a darn good job on these MD2's!
These ARE going to make my entertainment endless =P
So keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to more MD2's =)

Thanks :D, I'm glad to hear that you like it, for those who wants a specific model, you can ask me here! :)

It's great, but the signpost and life box frames are just a standing sonic. What's up with that? You made no frames for those.

It's great, but the signpost and life box frames are just a standing sonic. What's up with that? You made no frames for those.

Since the life box and signpost have different or changed frames, I just added a standing sonic until I find the respective frames for these. Since those frames are different from the 2.0 version. Unless someone knows what frames could use for make the proper animations, I will update the pack.

Look at a character wad for reference. That's how I fixed up my Parappa wad's life box sprites.

I doubt that the Sonic models are rigged, though. I ESPECIALLY doubt SADX models being rigged. Basically the only rigged Sonic models there are the Generations models and MAYBE that custom Sally model. I've had to rig practically all of my MD2s myself.

I doubt that the Sonic models are rigged, though. I ESPECIALLY doubt SADX models being rigged. Basically the only rigged Sonic models there are the Generations models and MAYBE that custom Sally model. I've had to rig practically all of my MD2s myself.

Doesn't MD2 only support frame animations?

Yes, they are rigged, I used fragMOTION to make these animations, frame animation is hard to use so I just update my models in fragMO and I UV map the whole textures again(which is a funny job after all), and then I just test if everything works properlly in Srb2. Skeletal animation is potentially easier to use LeL. When I downloaded the model, it had all bones misplaced, I had to place them in the right place and then animate.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

New Update to SADX Sonic and Tails, sadly, I've just made a tiny face up the endsign frame and a little sonic face into the life box frame, it's a bit hard to do. Super animations have been updated and a few minor changes to other animations, I fixed a bug in jog animation of Tails and updated some of the textures. I'll be updating as soon as I have time.

I'm gonna start another Md2 pack, what would you preffer? SA2B, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed, Shadow TH, etc. You tell me the models you want me to port for Srb2 and I'll make a main .rar file with all those Md2s requested.

It appears to be already set up
But its has too many polys and faces for SRB2 as-is.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back