Official Level Design Contest Voting: July-August 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroze said:
Umm... DW... all those scores don't add up...
GO BACK TO 6th GRADE!

I used the calculator thingy. >_>

If it dun add up, blame Microsoft's crappy programming skills. X_X

Or are you dividing by total votes? I divided by amount of actual numbers, not dropped/NA ones.

Whatever, just in case, I'll go back and redo them. :E

Dark Warrior, most of us use Calculator, and (Well, I didn't) divide by the excluded votes, and STILL GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER.

Segmint said:
Dark Warrior, most of us use Calculator, and (Well, I didn't) divide by the excluded votes, and STILL GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER.

FOR WHICH ONES? :O I went back and fixed them earlier. >_> Kroze ID'd only a few as incorrect, which I fixed.

Dark Warrior said:
Dimensional Zone by simsmagic:
D/D/N/3/3/5/2/1/2/3/6/2/ - 3

N = No vote (Creator)
D = Dropped vote (Lowest)
...how did Simsmagic get two scores dropped?

They are both the lowest score... Besides, does it really change anything?

I think all of my choices won anyways, unfortunately I didn't get to try all the multiplayer ones on any netgames... (except ctf which isn't worth mentioning...)

I sincerely hope the next one's turnout will be better.

Dark Warrior said:
On a side note, Jazz, I excluded your Circuit vote because, seriously, disliking a game mode, especially a legitimate game mode, is simply not a reason to ignore it. Sorry.

I did not vote on that map. How can you exclude a score I didn't even post?

N/A does not mean I voted a zero. It means that I didn't vote at all.

Exactly. You didn't vote on one of them. I can't calculate in a score that doesn't exist. Not to mention that refusing to give a score based on gametype isn't right in the first place. So, the other CTF vote was excluded.

GCFreak said:
BlueZero4 said:
Dark Warrior said:
Dimensional Zone by simsmagic:
D/D/N/3/3/5/2/1/2/3/6/2/ - 3

N = No vote (Creator)
D = Dropped vote (Lowest)
...how did Simsmagic get two scores dropped?

I think they were both the same score.

Exactly.

BlueZero4 said:
Regardless, that's two scores.

No it's not. Those two points aren't factored in, so it doesn't matter.

Dark Warrior said:
Exactly. You didn't vote on one of them. I can't calculate in a score that doesn't exist. Not to mention that refusing to give a score based on gametype isn't right in the first place. So, the other CTF vote was excluded.

You meant Circuit right?

Either way, how is it right to not count a completely legitimate score because I decided not to vote on the other circuit map?

I apologize that I didn't vote on the other map. I knew I couldn't give it a legitimate score because I didn't like the gametype. That would be why I voted on one Circuit map, and not the other. I understand if you have a problem with that, but not counting my other legitimate vote based on that doesn't make any sense.

Jazz said:
You meant Circuit right?
Yeah, sorry.

Anyways, that was also done for another contest pack. Someone voted on only one map in one of the rotations, so his vote was ignored.

*sigh* Consistency rules...

*Kicked: Consistency Failure*

I'm actually surprised Treetop Caverns got such a low score... It must have something to do with an error... because while major design flaws existed, it really wasn't that bad... It really bothers me how so many good levels are so bad because of minor details (some item placement, too large for area, lack of detail) and its not just here, but many other maps... I guess one should not stint on the testing... :-/

Actually, Spazzo's map just sigsevved. At one point, there was about 3 or 4 guys in the game, maybe 5.

How do you get the traps or rising water (couldnt think of another word for it, you know the pinkish stuff) on hazard plant. I found the walls, went throuh,the ceiling in center dropped, i tried another, it rose and i can't get it back, I need minor help on what can happen and how to use them.

help?

someone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back