A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas is one of the least likely release dates, due to us all having things we need to be doing in real life with our families on that date. Remember that release day is generally also panicked patch day.

panicked patch day.

I also wonder what weird issue will need to be patched upon 2.2's release, in fact, I almost thought 2.1.0 was an unfinished/joke build when I started playing in SP with Knuckles =P

Not a clue. All I can say is that the only thing I'm SURE of regarding 2.2's release is that a 2.2.1 will follow very soon after =P

It'll probably be slopes buggering out and teleporting people to different map numbers when you touch one or something

Or maybe a stage suddenly gets a bad nodesbuild, panicked patch day can leave anything broken upon the first release.

I say a week as that my minimum limit.

Go a day without it, and the surprise will be shock.

Dude, an hour after 2.1's release there was an instant patch. Let's not try to expect something properly working by the time 2.2 would be released (broken OGL slopes would be one problem)

There has not been a release in my memory without a same-day patch to address some major issue. While I'd love to see a release day we don't spend in a panic trying to fix some major bug that somehow slipped through the cracks, my bet is on us still making some silly mistake for 2.2.

Hopefully this time we can get the initial release to allow Knuckles to jump.

It'll probably be slopes buggering out and teleporting people to different map numbers when you touch one or something

If that actually happened, I'd demand it stay. We could finally get the Sonic CD future/past effects we'very been missing.

They should improve on that multiplayer that whenever a player enters a room all players are paralyzed.

I do not agree with this, when in fact all players should move freely and not rely on "lag" that bring them to the room game.

This is not good.

I feel like we should just move on to SRB3 in a few years, (please don't do doom engine for it, no blitzsonic either)

I feel like we should just move on to SRB3 in a few years, (please don't do doom engine for it, no blitzsonic either)

If we did that, everyone would be too busy getting the hang of the new engine and porting all of the old levels over to focus on anything else, so we'd likely get less new content, not more.

But violent winds are upon us and I can’t sleep; Internal temperatures rising

i can't wait for it to be completed in 2062

I'm honestly curious: Let's pretend that Sonic Robo Blast 3 is legitimately a game that will be made once SRB2 is completed. What are you looking for in such a game that can't be accomplished in a future update to SRB2?

Actually, I'd like to make that a free question that anyone could answer. Guys, is there anything on your wish list that you'd want SRB2 to have or do, but, given the scope and logistics of the project, it simply can't?

Last edited:
Honestly making a new sonic fan game after srb2 is finished (doesn't necessarily have to be srb3) would be a good route to take, provided the focus of it is to make a solid sonic engine that it's user friendly for level creation. There's no need to redo all the assets for the current game, especially after the decade and a half of progress on this engine. It's fulfill recent requests of a new more up to date engine and we can still have the current game.

You know what's great about srb2? You can endlessly make content for it. No need for an srb3 because why not just make more for srb2? Srb2 is never finished, because there can always be improvements, or more content to add.

Also, why even have an srb3? What would it have that srb2 doesn't? Some might say better physics. Well then name at least one good fan made sonic game with better and more stable physics than srb2. Some might say for level creation. Really? How many people here can 3d model and understand how to format it into a level? Because that's probably what a new engine would require if you decide to go to 3d. And who is willing to learn all the new methods to make simple mods? Srb3 would hinder everything that makes srb2 so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back