The necessary DSi topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Nintendo has been consistently failing since about the end of the Gamecube's life. They even managed to make a terrible Zelda game for DS, which was my breaking point.

Tets said:
What? Nintendo has been consistently failing since about the end of the Gamecube's life. They even managed to make a terrible Zelda game for DS, which was my breaking point.

Shut up, I loved Phantom Hourglass :(

Prime 2.0 said:
Tets said:

Shut up, I loved Phantom Hourglass :(
I really want to try that one! ;_;

The way Phantom Hourglasses is controlled was a neat concept, but it's still a sequel to that stupid, lighthearted Wind Waker. It's so different from normal Zelda games they should at least give the spin-off series a different name, it's story is just a complete mockery of everything we knew about the series, seriously.

I liked Wind Waker but I never really got a chance to play the whole game through. Although my favorite Zelda game is Four Swords

Dr.Pepper said:
The way Phantom Hourglasses is controlled was a neat concept, but it's still a sequel to that stupid, lighthearted Wind Waker. It's so different from normal Zelda games they should at least give the spin-off series a different name, it's story is just a complete mockery of everything we knew about the series, seriously.

So....what? Nintendo should have given out a game that was just like the other ones? Super Mario Galaxy was different, Ocarnia(SP?) was different. Wind Waker was very different!

The way I see it, it was the same puzzle filled dungeons and battle that are in every other game, but an awesome control scheme to make it fresh. How is that a mockery?

sonic260 said:
I liked Wind Waker but I never really got a chance to play the whole game through.
Well then you probably would have hated the ending...
NeoJames said:
So....what? Nintendo should have given out a game that was just like the other ones? Super Mario Galaxy was different, Ocarnia(SP?) was different. Wind Waker was very different!

The way I see it, it was the same puzzle filled dungeons and battle that are in every other game, but an awesome control scheme to make it fresh. How is that a mockery?
NeoJames, you don't get my point. Difference in anything is good or better, but a complete downgrade in art style? The art direction and story in Wind Waker is a complete mockery of everything about the Zelda series, not the gameplay. It looks more like a cheap, lighthearted parody than a real, authentic Zelda game.

The whole art style? I'm sorry...but not every Zelda game can be the same "You are Link, you are in a forest, OMG Ganondorfy! Go to Hyrule! Now to dungeon! ECT ECT"

I thought the art style was great. And the whole "Hyrule is underwater" thing made it very interesting.

NeoJames said:
The whole art style? I'm sorry...but not every Zelda game can be the same "You are Link, you are in a forest, OMG Ganondorfy! Go to Hyrule! Now to dungeon! ECT ECT"
Are you nuts? It's not always the same drill with every Zelda game, haven't you played any of the GBC games, the Adventure of Link, the CDI games(bleh), or Majora's Mask?
NeoJames said:
I thought the art style was great.
Yeah, and a complete waste of the Gamecube's capabilities too. I was expecting a much more detailed Zelda title after seeing that 50 second demo of Link and Ganon fighting, my jaw fell through the floor watching it. It was terribly disappointing waiting two whole years later, only to see what?! That was worse than a Rik roll.
NeoJames said:
And the whole "Hyrule is underwater" thing made it very interesting.
I thought it was interesting too, but then the idiot king of Hyrule thought it would be better to drown the whole land in the end. They didn't even let you explore different places in Hyrule to get to the last temples, kind of like the alternate overworlds in ALTP, utterly disappointing. I was really expecting a lot more from the Wind Waker story.
The Wind Waker was a big let down for me, but as long as Nintendo doesn't force us to permanently stick with that art style and ruin the very the legend itself, you can keep your kiddy looking spin-off for all I care. :P
Tets said:
I hated Phantom Hourglass because of its irredeemably terrible gameplay. Everything else was decent, but the whole game stank of being dumbed down for a younger audience. There wasn't even the slightest hint of challenge. Add to that the fact that there's one dungeon you need to keep going back to constantly, and it's arbitrarily timed, and you get one train wreck of a game. Not fun at all.
Second'd!

I couldn't care less about the art direction, I hated Phantom Hourglass because of its irredeemably terrible gameplay. Everything else was decent, but the whole game stank of being dumbed down for a younger audience. There wasn't even the slightest hint of challenge. Add to that the fact that there's one dungeon you need to keep going back to constantly, and it's arbitrarily timed, and you get one train wreck of a game. Not fun at all.

Dark Warrior said:
No, it's not a rumor. Nor a hoax.

Now, I think this is interesting. Very interesting. The only drawback is the lack of a GBA slot. Which is a pretty bad drawback. But I'm seriously considering getting this. Especially given that my DS is in total disrepair. Thoughts?
It was in the newspaper where I live! And it's coming out in Japan next month..... And it's coming to North America Next year! So I know it's not a hoax.

sonic260 said:
Dr.Pepper said:
sonic260 said:
I liked Wind Waker but I never really got a chance to play the whole game through.
Well then you probably would have hated the ending...

I probably couldn't hate it more than the Elite Beat Agents ending
okay maybe we should get on topic guys, anyway the dsi Emulating the gba is POSSIBLE because of R4's ability to emulate gba games.

hyperson said:
anyway the dsi Emulating the gba is POSSIBLE because of R4's ability to emulate gba games.
I lol'd so hard, do you even have an R4? xD *shot* The R4 allows carts from the GBA slot to boot on your DS, it doesn't actually emulate GBA software. Emulating GBA games on the DS has been discussed countless times in other message boards, it's not going to happen anytime soon and probably never will.
I highly doubt the R4 will be compatible with the DSi anyway.

Well, booting GBA games would be possible I guess if the DSi had enough RAM to copy the ROM image to memory...they should add at least 10MB more RAM so the browser doesn't have to use slow flash memory.

I think Nintendo is doing this the wrong way as well. The lack of a GBA slot and the region locking are two HUGE problems that Nintendo need to address. The cameras are a needless addition, it would be a better idea if it was an addon like the PSP's so space isn't compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back