The necessary DSi topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd would like to say that it's pretty much a hand held Wii, i really want to by this because my original DS's (got it when it first came out :D) touch screen is messed up :/. If you touch somewhere on the screen, it'll touch somewhere else to the left. I've tried trading it in, but I need the serial #. That was lost a loooooooooong time ago, or it never came with one

sonic260 said:
I'd would like to say that it's pretty much a hand held Wii, i really want to by this because my original DS's (got it when it first came out :D) touch screen is messed up :/. If you touch somewhere on the screen, it'll touch somewhere else to the left. I've tried trading it in, but I need the serial #. That was lost a loooooooooong time ago, or it never came with one

You do know that you can calibrate the screen right?

The DS Phat's features were good enough already. If Nintendo really wanted to make these features a staple of their console, they would've had them since launch.

Although seriously. I don't think buying games from the internet Xbox style would work very well, mainly because you'd have to buy two copies of everything for multiplayer. :/

astar said:
sonic260 said:

You do know that you can calibrate the screen right?
Yes I know that but from dropping my DS a few times, calibrating isn't even working -.-'

I'd still rather get a Lite over this. I don't see a huge use for the camera, I already have a better MP3 player (note: MP3, not AAC, though they may be the same file types), and the removal of the GBA cart? That's a crime...

Cue said:
My grandmother's phone has a better camera than that... :/

To increase the ratio of Internet-connected Wiis in Japan, Nintendo revealed it's making available a three-minute demo movie with the machine, called "What's Possible With Wii." A specific Wi-Fi adapter will be sold -- we presume a Nintendo-made device.

What?

I sure hope they mean it's an adapter for your PC to connect your Wii if you don't have a wireless router, and not an 'extended range' piece of plastic you attach to your console.
you mean the router? http://kotaku.com/5046565/nintendo-announces-wiids-wifi-router-bwah

Tets said:
So Nintendo wants to make the DS more like the PSP. Seems like a good idea at first. But then they pull another Sony and ditch backward compatibility by removing slot 2. Nintendo, you're going about this completely the wrong way.
They're not going in the wrong direction, Nintendo is just making another edition of the DS that's more 'minimalistic'. Slot-2 is just more unnecessary bulk for people who use their DS only for DS-specific things, like me. :P
I prefer using my SP for GBA games, because the DS doesn't do anything to enhance the GBA experience, like fill the entire screen, customizable controls, GBC compatibility, bilinear filtering, etc. I just think it's sucks that the DS's hardware wasn't exploited for any of that, so good riddance slot-2! *spilled*

Im guessing people are just going to put GBA roms onto the SD card slot and hope it works, Removing the GBA slot? What are you taking Nintendo?

I'm prolly gonna buy the DSi, even though I have a fully functional original DS, that lasts forever and hasn't broke whithin the time I've had it (the Christmas the year it was released).

I guess they're trying to rival the PSP, which has music player, internet and (with a USB camera), camera.

Guys look.

As far as 2008 is concerned, the DSi is strictly for Japan. "We will not see the product here in North America until well into calendar 2009," says Reggie. He notes this is because the DS Lite continues to sell at a phenomenal rate in America. In August alone, DS sold more hardware than had ever been sold in that calendar month.
Nintendo has sold a total of 22 million DS units in America.

This is the wrong way to go about fixing sales. They need to improve quality control for games, not fixate some throw-away camera to the device.

The most hilarious part of this whole thing is they won't even be able to offer classic GBA games as downloadable content. GBA games execute code in place, and they can't be run from slow memory storage like SD cards. That's why you need a cart in slot 2 if you want to play GBA games with your R4. Nintendo would basically have to add in a flash cart, which would cost more than removing slot 2 saves on production costs.

Also, DSi is region locked, after years of their handheld platform being region free. Nonstop hilarity.

Tets said:
The most hilarious part of this whole thing is they won't even be able to offer classic GBA games as downloadable content. GBA games execute code in place, and they can't be run from slow memory storage like SD cards. That's why you need a cart in slot 2 if you want to play GBA games with your R4. Nintendo would basically have to add in a flash cart, which would cost more than removing slot 2 saves on production costs.

Also, DSi is region locked, after years of their handheld platform being region free. Nonstop hilarity.

What!A lot of people are sticking with the Dslite. :)

Region locked?! Release in late 2009?! Nintendo's off their rocker, how are we supposed to play Japanese games on US/EUR DSis? I'm guessing this won't work with R4 cards to boot? Forget this useless paperweight, I'm nabbing a used DSLite instead. I don't need a built-in camera/MP3 player/Web browser anyway, that's what cell-phones are for. :P
If I wanted to save that much pocket space, I could rip out slot-2 on a DSLite and vacuum-form a new bottom piece for it anyway. :P Maybe I should do that when I get a DSLite...

Tets said:
Wha? oh that's just stupid! most of the games I have are not from my region, Im sticking to my DSLite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back