Engineer Tails! (Soc built into WAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
Ever played Team Fortress 2?

I definitely haven't. But this soc is inspired by it.

Basically, after choosing the character in this wad, fire a ring.

Once it hits a wall...
engineerscreenie1.png

it starts firing fireballs at the nearest player.
engineerscreenie2.png

(However, in 1-player mode, you're the only player around, so...)

After 100 tics, it stops and disappears.

Known problems:
1. Sorta overpowered, because I haven't figured out how to limit firing rate, or how to make it take more than 1 ring to shoot.
2. Can cause lag if overused.
3. Don't try to jump over it in single player. It becomes a LOT more accurate. Run around it or hide until it's finished.

Good tactics:
1. One-player mode: In large open areas, set one behind you, and then slowly strafe around it to cover a huge area.
2. Multiplayer: Hide near a key area, and set a turret as opponents come through.
3. Multiplayer: Throw turrets up and over an opposing team's base.

=Download link=
EDIT: Alternate link for great justice.

Any suggestions on how to improve it are highly appreciated.

(Oh yeah. The Engineer Tails character has also been modified. Slower speed, and a double-jump ability.)[/url]

Ignore the recolourness and its kind of fun.However, it did take me forever to get past GFZ1

The Tails character is only there to carry the soc and balance it out. I didn't want to replace an existing weapon. Think of it. A highly-skilled Sonic player thokking through an area and dropping about 3 or more turrets in his wake.

Im about to try this soc out il give you my opinion on it.
EDIT i give this soc ?/10 because i cant even get the soc stupid megaupload

Second EDIT: this would be a good wad but you should a-make it so that you can only fire one turretr ring other wise it gets over powered

Wow this is fun! use the ring cheat and make 999 rings(If you dont have the ring cheat, use objectplace) then keep thowing the rings
(YaY! My 100th post)

That's a terrible SOC as far as realistically portraying the engineer.

1) The turret only fires in a set direction.
2) The turret is on teams (which has already been noted, but still.)
3) The fun in turrets is upgrading them, repairing them, and setting them up properly.
4) A turret isn't a turret without a spy to counter it.

on Edge, I think it's kind of cool. Yes, I have played TF2.

You have to keep in mind: It's not easy to replicate other engines into SRB2. If you think it's so terrible, why don't you make an attempt? Seriously, you're underrating this for no reason other than the fact that it's not exactly like TF2.

Said this a month ago on IRC and forgot about it until just then.

Code:
(9:42:14 PM) I`ll_Begin: hmm you could theoretically have medics in SRB2
(9:42:51 PM) I`ll_Begin: by soccing a throwable ring that spawns a pickup ring at the target
(9:43:09 PM) I`ll_Begin: so you aim it at the floor in front of someone and they get one of your rings

Not half bad. Some ideas:
If possible, see if you can make the gravity for it really high since normally you can't throw a turret.
Possible change it's sprites to the SRB2 turret or your own creation.
Health for the turret by making it a destuctable enemy maybe?

what if you add gravity to the ring look up and fire, when it hits the ground make it fire in all directions (slowly no overpowerdness) or do the same thing it already does just from the ground. mabey add some new sprites and this could be realy fun.( to some people)

that is a good thing for match games or ctf ot tag but it is too easy to win then well it cool and good net game stragety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back