• O.K.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Hooray. My first WAD after being in the community this long. Anyways, this map was simply a map I did experimenting with what amount I knew about making a level using DoomBuilder, which wasn't too much. Thanks to all those who helped me when I needed it, to eventually finally make -something-. This is a CTF map. It'd be great if you guys could also give me some feedback on the level, such as any suggestions or problems you might find in the WAD. I somehow have this feeling I'm forgetting something important to put in my level that every level needs. Also, I'm aware of how short my distance is from one flag base to another :(. Screenshots:

srb20018bo6.png

srb20000rj8.png

srb20004tt0.png

srb20017og4.png

Link: http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=bc6bbc472bc6e40086a1a452dcc2be83

lol I also have this feeling I named the file wrong. :(

You convinced me at the first screenshot. This looks nice! I'll try it and then say something. But I think that the ring placement might be bad and that the water needs more translucent colormaps. Try #0000FJJ has the colormap.
EDIT
Nope, it is very good, no problems. It could almost be an official map!

Perfect. I really thought this was well done. Though you might want to make slightly smaller maps in the future. This could be kinda laggy in multiplayer.

Andy, this level sucks. Never make levels again. D=

Aww, who am I kidding. Good work, but in all honesty, stop making levels for a while and start netgaming again. :P

This is extremely well done. I don't understand why you don't make levels more often, because you obviously have the skill for it.

In my opinion, the sand texture you used is kinda weird. I've never liked it, but other then that it's freaking awesome.

To be honest, I didn't know how to make the flags like the ones in the official maps. This map was kinda like a 'do it as you go' level, so I just used what somewhat I knew about DB and just made a small sector. But yeah, what Spazzo said. :P

And to all those asking why I don't make levels more, this is only my first map. The only reason I'm actually trying to make one is 'cause I'm on vacation far away from my internet, so I decided to search if I had anything I might be able to toy around with in my laptop. I only get to use my cousin's internet occasionally, such as now.

I found something bad...

HOM bug. (Blue Base)

Going to one of these corners like this makes it sigsev sometimes.

As soon as that software bug appears...BOOM! (Red Base)

Note: This can even happen in CTF gametype.

Other than that. Its fine.

HOM bug. (Blue Base)

'Kay, first off, what's a HOM bug? :\

Middle texture. Lower unpegged. Y offset.

I'll try that out once I get back to my other laptop. Thanks.

Whoops, forgot to ask. Does this level happen to lag in netgames with a certain amount of people? I have a feeling it might, but I can't really know since it'd be hard to gather a group of people and my time zone is now far different from most other peoples'.

UltamateSonic said:
Did you just make this wad?

*Points to date placed at the top of posts.*

This is a great map, very well detailed, awsome design, hell why aren't there any other maps like this?

Andy said:
Does this level happen to lag in netgames with a certain amount of people?

Yes, it does drop the frame rate a bit, even with only one person in the netgame. I hosted a netgame with this to see if it would be a problem, and although it got annoying here and there, it wasn't too frustating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back