The SRB2FFH: A place to upload all your content!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you miss me that much? I was planning on making a comeback here eventually. :V

Anyways, issue resolved. I can't believe I had to talk to the guy running the server cluster at the time to actually fix this. That was insane.

The FFH will be up in a few minutes.

This is all we have, and all we'll ever have. (Hint, hint! YouSRB2 will never be finished.) Glad to hear it's fixed.

Conicpp said:
(Hint, hint! YouSRB2 will never be finished.)

Except not really, I have to get the main portion (Message Board and such) done by Christmas, after Christmas I will be starting on YouSRB2 which shouldn't take that long at all, since it's all uploading, rating and all that jazz.

When it's done™ (in other words, about the same time as the next SRB2 is released).

Of course, the problem now is that anyone who hasn't read this topic up to here may be posting great work on the FFH, never to be accessed. We need an announcement saying the FFH isn't working, and not to host there.

Okay, you caught me--I probably have the lowest WAD standards of anyone on the forums. As long as it works as intended, I download it, and I keep it. In fact, my low standards and WAD-lust are so great that I always get disappointed when a terrible WAD gets thrown in the trash before I can download it. Pathetic, eh?

Still, there should be an announcement. It'll be really annoying if people keep hosting on a broken site.

This is a warning to all people who used the FFH.

A worm recently got hold of the server the site is hosted on and thus, infected all the index.php files on the site with a line of code that will attempt to attack people who visit the site.

The site is fixed now, the line of code was removed from the index page for this FFH and the downloads still work. You may continue using the FFH as normal.

If you visited the upload page sometime after Febuary 2nd, then I urge you to immediately do a virus scan and make sure your computer is safe. Thank you.

JJames19119 said:
This is a warning to all people who used the FFH.

A worm recently got hold of the server the site is hosted on and thus, infected all the index.php files on the site with a line of code that will attempt to attack people who visit the site.

The site is fixed now, the line of code was removed from the index page for this FFH and the downloads still work. You may continue using the FFH as normal.

If you visited the upload page sometime after Febuary 2nd, then I urge you to immediately do a virus scan and make sure your computer is safe. Thank you.

Worms? On a Linux server? Blasphemy. :(

It's come to my attention that people are still (apparently?) using this host, even though much better alternatives exist now, as far as I know.

I should perform a sweep of my webspace on whole and get rid of things I don't need anymore. Is there a reason why I should keep this? What about any files on it? I don't see any reason to keep this around anymore but if I should, prove me wrong.

I see no real need, as free file hosting sites are a dime a dozen at this point, and we host files on the actual forums now, but you should probably give people a lot of warning first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back