Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, another patch! One more set of bugs I won't have to bump into the hard way.

Also, is the Metal Sonic race really that hard? I charged a spindash as Tails right before long stretches, which gave me a huge boost, and completely skipped large platforming sections while flying. After learning the layout, I got it right after my second try.

It's the Eggman boss after that I'm getting stuck on, man those bombs really blow you away.

I can beat the game with my eyes closed, hands tied behind my back, and legs dancing uncontrollably. I think the main problem of the Metal Sonic race is the platforming part. The final boss is just epic, though I don't think it's a suitable final boss. This boss belongs to dark city to me...

Speaking of this topic... I have been thinking...What is Eggmans goal in Srb2? He blew up Greenflower City, but what is he hoping to acomplish? What is the point if Srb2?

Speaking of this topic... I have been thinking...What is Eggmans goal in Srb2? He blew up Greenflower City, but what is he hoping to acomplish? What is the point if Srb2?

Eggman's plot in SRB2 is pretty straightforward. Take over the Black Rock, harvest the energy within it to power a giant battle station (both done before the game starts), and blow shit up until Sonic's world surrenders to avoid everyone being killed. Thus, Sonic, Tails, and Fistman the Red Hedgehog must find a way onto the Egg Rock and cripple it before Eggman can cause any further destruction.

The final boss is just epic, though I don't think it's a suitable final boss. This boss belongs to dark city to me...

In my thoughts, the new brak eggman is the easiest boss to defeat after some practice. My level pack, virtual realm, will feature Dark City Zone, leaving the new brak for the third stage, and the ol' mighty 2.0 brak for the last stage, which is the final map after ending into the credits xD.

My level pack, virtual realm, will feature Dark City Zone, leaving the new brak for the third stage, and the ol' mighty 2.0 brak for the last stage, which is the final map after ending into the credits xD.

The problem with this is that 2.0 Brak, while tough, isn't a very well-designed boss because of how you're expected to damage him. It'd be more fun and interesting for the players if you SOCed your own final boss.

The problem with this is that 2.0 Brak, while tough, isn't a very well-designed boss because of how you're expected to damage him. It'd be more fun and interesting for the players if you SOCed your own final boss.

When 2.0 came out, I read somewhere on the forum that Dark City would feature that same gimmick somewhere on the zone, so you could know how to attack the boss. I suppose the plan was changed.

Personally, now the final boss is more fun, but too easy. Just like if he was the 1st part of a 2nd part fight.

No way, I love 2.0 brak, apart from that I don't know how to setup a SOC or a Lua script with Slade, and I honestly say no one would learn Lua without misunderstanding every single word of Lua, if there is a way to change Lua's language I would suggest a language similar to Blitz3D, it's easier than Java or Lua languages.

If (Super = False and AllChaosEmeralds = True) Then
Super = True
Channel_SuperTheme = PlaySound(Sound_SuperTheme, o/Entity)
Invincible = True
EndIf

Try to make this with Java or Lua scripting.

Oh... SOC are so much more comprehensible than Lua!
I'm still wondering how the others can do a 1000000 lines script :|
For me, I just know how to spam the console every tic X)

MotorRoach is working on a Sonic Remake. KartKew is working on a Tails Remake.
So don't worry. I really want those sprites in vanilla :3

We're closing on it being two months since the release of 2.1. Is it too soon to ask about what you guys are thinking about for 2.2?

I very much doubt you guys have done work on it yet—or even have plans for it yet other than very general ideas—but I wanted to ask about it anyway. Will you be focusing your efforts on single player, multiplayer, or both? Are there any more "game wide" concepts that have yet to be implemented (like 2.1's introduction of NiGHTS special stages, the emblem system, Record Attack + ghosts, etc.) or is the core game "structure" complete? Are you planning on any significant revamps to DSZ / CEZ1 / any other stages? Is Dark City Zone still a thing? What are your thoughts on this? Are you planning on small frequent updates, or large infrequent updates?

…Or, more generally, do you guys have any thoughts on the future of SRB2 at all that you want to share?

I second the idea of some discussion of the future (mostly cause I've completed 2.1 outright, and the big boom of great SP levels isn't gonna be till june by the looks of it).

I don't want to see that DCZ/GEZ mixup concept, because I wanna explore a city level properly, though some people dont seem to realize it there is huge potential in the cityscape without having to turn it into an over the top thing like the city being a ship, one of the points I think is a good reason to avoid this is because if we have a huge dramatic over the top thing like THAT happen... ERZ is gonna feel really underwhelming in comparison, which will ruin it (at least for me).

Either way, the most important things for me down the line is ACZ2/3 and RVZ2/3, I'd much rather we focus on having seven full zones in the game, then add the eighth zone into the rotation later. Don't get me wrong, as I said I WANT dark city, but I feel like tossing it into the rotation while there are other incomplete zones in the game will just be a bit silly.

From what I've heard on irc,
Nev3r is working on some new textures for Dark City Zone to get rid of the awful brick textures, and he made an awesome skybox that I'm assuming will be in it too. Also ACZ2 is most likely going to be in 2.2, but I haven't heard any confirmation on any other acts.

Last edited:
Considering Arid Canyon and Red Volcano have the highest priority of any of the unfinished levels, ACZ2 and RVZ2 are no-brainers. Who knows, we might even get a third act to go along with those two. Deep Sea is more likely than not going to get a visual upgrade(at least act 1 will, so that the ugly doesn't come at you headfirst). I've heard some stuff about SRB2 getting an ending scene for 2.2, too. About time, I guess, but it makes me wonder if the opening cinematic will be redrawn to match. The title screen, too, provided MotorRoach's Sonic looks different enough from current Sonic.

As for anything else, I'm fully in support of the Dark City/Grand Eggship merge. There's no better way to make a player remember a level than making said level turn into a fucking airship. C'mon, it'd be the coolest thing ever!

As much as I love that DCZ/GEZ mixup, and I do not want to see that concept go to waste, I agree with fury that a normal city level should be there. There's not that many good city levels out SRB2 (the best I can think of is Drowned Downtown, and even I hate that because its a water level), so if a good Dark City came out, it'd set the standard and maybe get some better cities out there in the world of SRB2 modding.

So, an eventual 2,2 can probably be released... In 2 years or... more.What I would like to see is RVZ2 and ACZ2, and maybe placeholder for their bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back