Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spammed refresh on the thread, waiting for people to post free codes. Finally got one after like 40 minutes. I'd get to the download page a few times and then it would say the code had already been used T-T

If you are going to try and do the same, make sure to:
- Already have "A05V" typed in, as all the codes start with that
- Have 3DS keyboard on caps lock
- Hit okay/next as fast as you can

When the rest of you get the demo, I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. So far, I'm having a lot of fun as Mega Man. It feels like he just stepped out of Mega Man 7. Villager is also fun, especially when you manage to hit your opponent with the final stage of your Down-B.

Everyone already scrambled for codes, now I'm left in the dust, hopelessly.
If anyone else has a NA code, and is generous, could you give Dono a code?

So I managed to find someone with a code, but since they gave it to someone else who gave it to their friend, I decided not to use the code to be a nice person.

Literally a couple minutes later the very first someone's brother uses the code right after I close out of the eShop (with me frantically trying to get back after being told to use it before it was too late). So lesson learned: never be nice. Ever.

So far, he is in 3DS, IDK if he is in Wii U..

It was confirmed very, very early on that all characters were in both versions.

Also, trying to find a demo code is hell unleashed. Some people have been actively searching for codes for at least 15 hours. I'll probably never find one in the small while that people still have them to distribute. And even so I find that I keep trying. Welp, off to the refresh button I go.

Contrary to what people have said, the game to me feels like Brawl 2.0 with Melee speed on the floor, and N64-like fast falling. The real meat is how they changed character move-set properties to better chain attacks in the Brawl environment, although hit-stun is still very very very low unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iceman404's Guide to Mario © only involves two simple steps!:

Step 1: Grab + Down Throw + Up A (repeat as many times as necessary) + Up Smash. (Auto 0% ---> 40%-50%) (The larger a character is, the more Up A's you can nab on them).

Step 2: Grab + Down Throw + Jump + Forward Air. (Use on-stage to set up for another combo with some Up Airs | Use off-stage for a guaranteed K.O. around just 40% on small to medium characters which is all we have in the demo).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been, A MOMENT WITH ICEMAN404™.

Last edited:
are we still talking about the validity of leaks?

i mean seriously, footage of duck hunt dog was released days ago

Getting the play the demo got me even more excited then I could imagine.
The 60fps really starts to shine seeing it first hand. Going off what Iceman said, the game truly feels like all three of its predecessors were taken into account. The CPU AI is much smarter, and just like project M, almost no move feels useless or unneeded. At least from the 5 characters in the demo. I also got the chance to play with a buddy who is also very. competitive, and it seemed almost as intense as melee, maybe not it with actual blow counts, but the difficulty and strategy needed to win was there.

Pic of the day 9/16/14

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

I played the demo, and it is amazing, the constant 60fps even with the 3D on is stunning. I've never actually seen a 60fps 3DS game until now, only 30fps games.

I played the demo, and it is amazing, the constant 60fps even with the 3D on is stunning. I've never actually seen a 60fps 3DS game until now, only 30fps games.
Go play A Link Between Worlds, it's awesome.

Also, most sprite-based games on the 3DS run at a smooth 60. Fire Emblem Awakening also runs at 60 when you're just looking at the world map or the battle grid - it drops to 30 the instant it has to show anything involving actual character models (ie: cutscenes, battle animations, pretty much anything interesting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back