Happy April Fools' Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

Old-school composer
Hope you all enjoyed our little April Fools' Day event. As most people figured out, "Permbanned" folks just had their usertitles changed, and were not actually banned. Said titles are back to normal. Everyone who changed their avatars in the spirit of things can feel free to change them back now. The various Nazi-related topics were locked and moved to the Archives forum, as they now no longer serve any purpose.

That said, there were a lot of people who took it far too seriously. For those of you who left, it's safe to come back now. To those people, I quote the oft-quoted statement by FuriousFox.

FuriousFox said:
Since alot of you don't seem to get it, I guess I'm left with no choice but to explain why we did this.

Surely most of you who have been in the community for at least a short while have heard someone else refer to one of the mods or admins as being a nazi; because we supposedly ban them from the master server, lock their topics, and kick them out of #srb2fun "for no reason". Well, we just decided to show you guys what things would be like if we really were nazis. It's just a joke; it's not meant to be offensive, it's not meant to refer to the holocaust or any of the other really bad things that happened during that time period. It's just meant to be a reference to how you guys are constantly viewing us as over-oppressive nazi dictators who control your every action within the community. If the joke seriously offends you that much, then just take a short vacation from the forums; things will be back to normal in about 10 1/2 hours.

The Nazi Red color schemes are now saved as a third and fourth style ("Magma" and "Silver (Magma)"), for those of you who actually liked it.

The SRB1 thing is a part of the game's EXE (has been for some time) and relies on your own PC's clock. When the time in your current time zone hits midnight April 2, it'll fix itself.

Logan runs the server, not the entire admin group. You'll have to wait on him to fix that.

Thank you for this entertaining display. And I, personally, intend to use the red skin for quite some time now. Blue was getting old, and gray bores me.

Arrow said:
The Nazi Red color scheme is now saved as a third style, for those of you who actually liked it.
During the "nazi takeover" I was using a silver skin with red writing, is it possible to make that a skin for the forum? Or is it to late?

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
During the "nazi takeover" I was using a silver skin with red writing, is it possible to make that a skin for the forum? Or is it to late?

Done. "Nazi Red 1" is now the modified AFD Blue style, while "Nazi Red 2" is the Silver one.

You people can't fool me with that joke... that was TOO easy for me to tell. I didn't even have to look at anyone else's posts besides the "new rules" to tell me that it was a joke. I knew it.And I never knew about this before! *shot*

I never did anything for the joke. I was busy playing FlyFF. April 1st HAD to fall on a weekend! D:

That was the best joke of april fools day, however after that i was feeling tired of that. But i enjoyed it.

Well Done!

Now its time for easter SRB2! *shot*

Heh, we probably won't be doing anything this crazy for quite a while. Good thing I took some snapshots of it, at the height of the madness. These three shots can be found in here:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/NAB2/

I like the red scheme, so I'll be using that on my account for a while. I do wish it went better with the SRB2MB logo, though. Then again, it doesn't work well with the silver scheme either.

And yet, something tells me we're nto going to have anything serious for a LONG while. 'Course, that's if a few days feels like a while to you. :P

I'd like to remind everyone that April Fool's is over, and we shouldn't be seeing all the nazi avatars and sigs anymore. It's funny for one day, but we should be getting back to a level of normalcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back