Fres' Editing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fres

Semi-Retired Mapper
Decided to make a questions thread for when I'm stumped with certain things.

So the first question: how does one get the death pits to fade to black like in some of the vanilla stages?

Example:
IYUc3fL.png

Also, a lua related question: how does one use lua to draw a graphic on screen?

Use the Half Light Block for this, not the normal one. The half version is basically optimized to do this and exactly this, and runs way faster. This is quite helpful considering how many of these you need to make the effect look decent.

Also, a lua related question: how does one use lua to draw a graphic on screen?

If it's a HUD you're talking about,
Check this page

There's a bunch of functions to help you draw screen graphics, and you can always check how other WADs do it and use the Wiki to understand what they do exactly.

Setting up skyboxes?

So, I know exactly how to set up skyboxes, but everytime I do so, there's an awful HOM effect when tested in game.

vbnwGfY.png

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Make sure the floor sector height of the sky that views the skybox is the same height as the sector you stand on, and make the celling height same as the floor height to the sector of the sky... If it will not work, so ask me for more ideas...

From what I can remember with my past mapping derps, having just a few sectors (like just a main sector surrounded by a Thok Barrier) with no big variance in height and such causes these issues with the sky for some reason. Try adding more sectors with different heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back