Tips and Tricks for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
For CTF
Try to always have one emerald and shoot the enemy if he has 4-6 emeralds
If you are good at shooting, defend/return the flag
If you are good at running, Take the flag
If you are good with Super Sonic, play Xsrb2 Shards mode. (To learn where the emeralds are spawned)

For Match: Grab every dang weapon panel you can, even if you can't use it very well.
Never, ever throw the last ring in match (This doesn't count for CTF you CAN change the outcome by doing your best to hit the flag thief.)

For Tag: Thok thok thok thok...

For Hns: Climb clim- Just kidding. Try very narrow spots that can't be seen just by running around.

For Race: Thok Thok Thok Slide Thok Slide Thok

Other tips: Rail is the only weapon that the reflect shield doesn't reflect.

The Attraction shield has a larger hit box than other shields.

You have a smaller hit box when rolling IIRC

If the game isn't modified it is always good to look at the time to know when SRM and WRM will respawn. 0:38, 1:15 etc

Remember getting a point in CTF is a higher priority than ANYTHING! (Super is NOT higher.)
You don't know HOW many times people laughed at me because they de-super'd me even though they lost :/

That is about it, I hope I help!
Oh and bind skins (People may say that is cheap, but I don't really care!)
and "toggle Chasecam"(For people who like 3rd person and 1st person.)

Attraction Shield: Passively attracts nearby rings to you, including weapon rings and rings thrown by others. I guess it's usefulness is quite obvious.

Also, it helps you when you're Super as it gets you more rings to stay super.

When porting an SRB2 level pack, with multiple maps, from an older version than 2.0.6 using lvlconv.exe, (which apparently doesn't come with the 2.0.6 download), remember this:

Typing "lvlconv (filename) (mapnumber)" means that only that map is converted properly. You have to convert the maps one by one when using it, as it does not automatically convert the rest of the maps for you!

Understood?

(Speaking of which, why's this topic archived now?)

Well, the weapons I recommend are scatter and bomb, they're both very powerful and are good from short to medium ranges. Rail would be good for long range and if you're a skilled player.

And don't forget to pick Sonic and THOK FOR YOUR LIFE.

Garee's Top Tips!

--MATCH/CTF--
> Use the ring your situation suits. Using bounce rings in an open area isn't going to get you as far as using a scatter ring is.
> Control some weapons. Say, to prevent someone from grenade spamming all over the place, you'd try to collect the grenade EVERY TIME YOU SEE IT.
> Never stay too long in one place. Everyone moves about in match, you know, and if you stay still, not only are people likely to find you, but you're also a sitting duck to ring shots.
> Always have a shield. A shield prevents you from dropping your Chaos Emeralds and weapons when you're hit.
> When you hit someone or get hit, RUN AWAY. If you hit someone, the opponent gets some invincible time which he can use to hit you, and if you get hit, use your invincible time wisely. Grab your stuff and RUN, before you get hit again.
> Don't worry about the Chaos Emeralds. Winning is more important. If you see an emerald, grab it if it doesn't slow you down. If not, just ignore it. Don't go hunting for them either, unless someone has 5 or more. Then it's time to worry.
> (CTF) Get people who can shoot to defend your flag, and get people who are fast to retrieve the enemy flag.
> Never pause in one place for more than a second, even when aiming a rail ring. If you stay still, you're more likely to be hit. If you're hit, you CAN'T fire that rail you've just been aiming for 10 seconds. What a waste.

--RACE--
> DO NOT SPAM THOK. Seriously, this gets you into more bad than good. Time your thoks just right, otherwise you'll be thokking into walls and lava.
> DO NOT SPAM THOK. I seriously can't stress this enough.
> DO NOT SPAM THOK. Waiting a little in the air to rotate can be the difference between losing 5 seconds due to a mis-timed thok.

If someone better than you tells you to go capture the flag while they defend, do it. Don't join them on an attack they make out of exasperation if you don't listen.

When you see a Crawla Commander or an Sharp, run all the world, because they can get you wherever you are, even in your bed (I have nightmare that a a Minus takes me to the core of the Earth)

Other tips: Rail is the only weapon that the reflect shield doesn't reflect.

Yup! Very fun to reflect other rings tho, like the grenade. :D

They see me trollin. . .
They be hatin'. . .

Anyway, my main tip is to make sure not to have chasecam on (outside coop/H&S/TAG), because I swear half the people in match/CTF servers do. . .

Oh, and until you get better at aiming, knux for moar rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back