Is Halo overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 3 is probably a bit overrated, I mean, you almost hear someone mention it no matter where you go. But my favourite is Halo 1, (Which I have on PC) it has a nice feel to it.

Halo is very overrated, it doesn't really do much that is very original, it's simple Point-click shooting.

I actually thought that all FPS's were like this, until I bought Half Life 2.

NeoJames said:
Halo is very overrated, it doesn't really do much that is very original, it's simple Point-click shooting.

I actually thought that all FPS's were like this, until I bought Half Life 2.
Half life games are the best FPS's ever.
They have a lot of punch to them.

Halo 3 is the only game I heard some people at my old school talk about. I'd take a good guess that it's overrated.

In my opinion, it is the most overrated game ever created. While it is not a horrible shooter game, there are many much better similar games and everybody seems to think it is the embodiment of a god.

It is indeed overrated. It doesn't do anything particularly new or interesting, all it has going for it is that it what it does WELL. It pulls off networking/voice chat well enough, and it's got a neat replay feature.

Halo 3 is very overrated. It's nowhere near as good as games such as CoD. It's too unrealistic (despite it's based in the future), and some of the weapons are very cheap in single player, and netplay especially the overpowered gravity hammer.

Hyperknux, thats why a large portion of people like it. It's far less serious and gritty than CoD, with colorful blood and the such, and due to that people can go and shoot things with their friends for a while.

Halo is like the Arcade-y version, while CoD is the realist version.

Hey, guys, remember. Being overrated doesn't mean it's bad by default.

Hyperknux said:
It's too unrealistic (despite it's based in the future)

Says he who is on a message board based around a series in which a hedgehog can run at the speed of sound...

You say Halo is overrated, yet it's got much more 'uniqueness' than COD, which is just your usual war game. >_>

The first Halo game was the best in my opinion, but thats only because it was uniqe at the time, the story was fresh and the enviroments were great. The resone why the other 2 are not as good as the first one was that the second one introduced a second Halo, which caused confusion, and also caused a feeling that destroying the first Halo was a waste of time, oh and it introduced the Arbiter which took of points. And Halo 3 just didn't feel new, it felt like they just put new graphics and new weapons and include a story which lasts about 10 hours, that made it feel like it wasn't new, just updated.
I know some people don't agree with me about what I posted but this is what I personaly think.

Halo is fun, yes, but it's not as fun as people bring it up to be. It's far too much of a mindless shooter to really appeal to me, I'd much rather have an FPS with much more style and stronger design (Team Fortress 2).

Halo 3 is the most overrated game I've ever seen. It's all just a bunch of hype. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's not that great. Some games beat it by so much, but people just assume that they suck due to Halo's supposed awesomeness without trying them. My best friend refuses to try any games other than Halo because "its much better because it had a huge party and every1 bot it lol".

Cue said:
Hyperknux said:
It's too unrealistic (despite it's based in the future)

Says he who is on a message board based around a series in which a hedgehog can run at the speed of sound... oh wait, I am too.

You say Halo is overrated, yet it's got much more 'uniqueness' than COD, which is just your usual war game. >_>

Fixed & I lol'd at that. What is unique about Halo? hardly anything except the length of levels. Other from that, main reasons is because of it's terrible gameplay, lifespan, cheapness, gets boring after a while, jesus I could go on for ages. CoD is unique because it's more realistic looks as well as realistic gameplay, heck, it may be a usual war game, but it's based on real life, not in some fantasy worlds with plasma guns, and overweight hammers which can blast you over the horizon, and with hundreds of Sci fi like enemies coming towards you at once.

fox boy said:
halo is not overrated. mario on the other hand....different story.

This doesn't make sense for several reasons. Mario is a mascot, so yeah he's got a huge reputation. But most of his games are very good. I havent seen a mario game I didn't like so far.

Halo, on the other hand, is just like any other online shooter. I really don't get whats so special about it. It's cool, but there are plenty of better games. People just brag about how cool it is and how cool they are for having it, but when someone buys it on a recommendation, they are usually slightly dissapointed. So yes, its a bit overrated.

*offtopic*mario just isn't gritty enough for my tastes*offtopic*

Anyway, Halo is a very good shooting and all, but there are much better games out there. BioShock, Left 4 Dead, and even Mass Effect are better Than Halo. It is grossly overrated, and the only reason it's popular is because of its online support.

*goes off to play L4D*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back