Sonic Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll save you from Mystic's wrath, MKHT. :D

What? I downloaded it before erasing the link? Errmm... no, I didn't, honest!!!

Hurray for fixed float arithmetic!

What an odd game. Sonic just walks around beating people up. O_o

I heard that Sonic Battle is based on the Sonic X anime. Any truth to that?

It doesn't sound like a Sonic fighting game would be pretty good (Sonic the Fighters...), but I'll give Sonic Battle a try anyway.

SSNTails said:
I'll save you from Mystic's wrath, MKHT. :D
What an odd game. Sonic just walks around beating people up. O_o

Let's just hope Sonic beats up the Teletubbies!

I like it. It's a good thing you can change it to english in the options menu.

I never liked it's story mode. I play battl;e all the time, thought.

Also, the fact that it's in full 3D (Except for the players/sprites) with no slowdown is way cool. I have a Flah ROM Crad for my GBA, so I can really play it on my Game Boy, and it's better an a handheld than on a PC. Belive me. Try and you'll see.

Otherwise, it's a great ROM.

BTW, SSN, good move there. :D

sonic battle

Err... what I ment by rpg was that the robot guy emrel,[who sticks with you for almost every chapter in story mode] can copy other characters attacks through experience,but you are limited to using only a few a the start of the game. You can also change his colour but the colour types are RARE.
You can collect colour types the same way as attacks.
Now you know what I ment by sonic battle being sort of an rpg.

But there's no RINGS!!! Ok, so there's that one Sonic throws.. But shouldn't the HP bar be a rings counter and the SP bar accumulate through collecting other player's dropped rings or something? It's a fighting game, sure, but it's SONIC!!! C'mon! And besides, it only took 3 days to beat, unlocking everything along the way. :\ Some gameplay.

You can get health and energy by healing[do this by holding down the L button]. by the way, are you sure you completed the ENTIRE game in 3 days? Nobody can do that! you must have only completed the first few chapters.

There are many people in the world who can beat games like they're nothing, Crono. I still remember the fact that I got Ocarina of Time for Christmas and I'd beaten it before New Years.

Now, I just breeze through unless it's like F-Zero GX and it was meant to put up a damn good fight. For instance, I unlocked everything in Mario Kart Double Dash in 2 days.

Yep..I'm finding that people (Including myself) have been bragging about how quick they finished their game. Pretty sad, if you ask me, for video games are usually made to last a while.

That, SRB2, is why we like games with replay value. I bought Mario Kart: DD for 50 bucks, and I knew I was going to breeze through it. Why? Multiplayer. I got at least 50 bucks worth of entertainment when I brought it to my grandma's house in Illinois for Thanksgiving. 3 days of pure gaming bliss. Never mind the one player was a sinch, it's all about the fact that I'll be playing that for ages, like how I still played Mario Kart 64 as the Gamecube was coming out. Replay value is why certain games last beyond their original playthrough, for either their multiplayer or for their ability to be fun the second and third time through. That is what makes a REALLY good game.

Well, that IS true, but you have to stumble across a rare jewel
before you can find a very addicting and long lasting 1P mode.

I'm not saying there aren't any games with something like that, it's just that the games that suck outweigh the good ones, sadly, in our society.

Only in America.

That´s true... I´m used to say that new games are really bad... And it´s for that... Now people say that a game is REALLY GOOD, but after a week, they don´t play it more. That isn´t a good game. It´s a bad game for me, instead it has good graphics, cool music and a cool story. A game is a lot more than that. And Sonic Battle doesn´t have that, so it´s bad for me, like Pinball Party or Advance ones... And still now, I´m playing the four ones from Genesis, and Sonic CD. That says a lot for me...

I beat it in about the 18 hours I was home from Dec. 6 - Dec. 8, 2003. It was fairly easy, exploiting a few AI glitches and such... If you stand on the edge of a platform, most of the AI will think that it could hurt you by jumping and air-attacking. That is not the case, so you can sit there and hit them, or heal, or whatever else you want. Another strategy I used in Rouge's ep was to fly and repeatedly kick in the air. You never fall, and anyone that jumps up to hurt you gets kicked right back down. I'm REALLY good at customizing things, so my Emerl's battles were easy. I re-played Sonic's ep once too, just for extra experiance... I got the Ultimate Homing attack thing after beating Shadow in Shadow's ep. Is that scripted, or was it my luck? Anyway, glad to hear you think it was crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back