A question i've pondered about for a long time now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I believe you can, You just need to be in the Casual room, that's all. But I might be wrong...

I believe I once asked this question in another topic. IIRC, the reason RPing was banned prior to the establishment of the Casual Room was that when it was allowed, there were often more RP servers than genuine servers, and it was kind of taxing the capabilities of the Master Server. But I think there might have been another, more important reason too.

There are still some servers that host in the standerd room and role play. I try to tell them about the rules about that and what not but they are just clueless. On the other extreme there are servers that think just adding a character wad is role playing, and I can't explain it to them either!

The problem with doing anything other than normal play is that a random player who picks a random server from the list expects to join a game of SRB2, and not Club Penguin. There's no way to actively prevent people from doing it, though, short of having people join every server that pops up, checking its legality and applying punishment where applicable, which led to the creation of the casual room, where such use of the game is acceptable. It changed forcing players to obey strict rules (guess how well that worked) into simply hoping players have the capability to place different shapes in matching slots.

Don't forget, there are some people who have just joined, and accidently make an RP server in the casual room. Personally, I think there should be a checkbox somewhere in the creating a server menu, that shows that the server is a hangout, so people can actually know, and the server will be forced into the casual room.

Don't forget, there are some people who have just joined, and accidently make an RP server in the casual room. Personally, I think there should be a checkbox somewhere in the creating a server menu, that shows that the server is a hangout, so people can actually know, and the server will be forced into the casual room.
You don't expect people to use checkboxes if they can't figure out the room system, do you?

You're missing the point. It would stop most people from putting RP servers in standard room, and if they disobey that, bring in the bug guns, I.E Master Server bans. One time I was gonna report a server, but then I learned that they didn't know there was a casual room. The checkbox could say something like "RP SERVER (check if you're server is for hangout or Role-playing purposes)".

If people are not able to find out that a Casual Room exists, they won't be able to see the checkbox either.

How will they not be able to see the checkbox? It would be right there, in big, bolded letters. No button pressing, just clicking once for "yes", or not clicking at all for "no". What, do you think it'll only appear if they have been in the casual room before?

How will they not be able to see the checkbox? It would be right there, in big, bolded letters. No button pressing, just clicking once for "yes", or not clicking at all for "no". What, do you think it'll only appear if they have been in the casual room before?
You vastly overestimate the ability and willingness of users to read stuff. They simply won't even take a glance at that box and leave it as it is.

How do you know that? Do you have any proof that they won't? I'm pretty sure I would if I saw a checkbox that had big bolded letters.

How do you know that? Do you have any proof that they won't? I'm pretty sure I would if I saw a checkbox that had big bolded letters.
You might see that checkbox, and I'm sure other people would see it too. But I doubt those who don't use the room system would use the checkbox. It's not any less complicated or noticeable that the room system.

I tihkn you are underestimating the ability and willingness of users to read stuff. But, let's end this pity fight, as to not start a flame war and get off on the wrong foot. And don't bother saying that I lose or any crap like that. *offers handshake* we cool?

You could force them to check RP or no RP Before being able to host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back