The Last Airbender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it's almost like they foresaw it. Sokka actually saying "but the effects were decent" at the end was perfect in every way. I loved it.

I've heard some reviews from people who never watched the show before, and they said it was pretty good. Is the movie only bad because of the inconsistencies?

I've heard the same thing. Oh, other people are saying they heard the same thing as well.

Some people are still saying its bad even without watching the TV show though.

I've heard some reviews from people who never watched the show before, and they said it was pretty good. Is the movie only bad because of the inconsistencies?

Even if you haven't watched the show, you're still in for a bad handling of the overall plot, which doesn't matter whether you've watched the show or not. A lot of backstory is told completely by exposition or a conversation between characters, which takes away quite a bit from the overall impact. The dialogue is pretty poorly written, too, and the deliveries from the sub-par acting really doesn't help.

Basically, it just failed to entertain on pretty much every level that makes a movie entertaining. Don't be surprised if you find yourself starting to think about other things half an hour in. I actually began wondering how to advance the plot of a comic I'm working on around that mark because the film failed to engage me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back