Games that lots of people don't like, but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog lists.

And I dunno if this counts, but I like NetHack. I dunno if most people ever heard about it, but I find it to be quite fun when you figured out how everything works. I think most people will be turned off by the huge amounts of commands and death causes, but as I said in another topic, I like fooling around without knowing what I'm doing.

Sonic Heroes

I actually quite enjoyed this game. (Prolly because I was 10 at the time, but eh.) - It's quite fun, although linear. With that, it was sort of "You're never going to get lost." and stuff. Never got to completing it, though...

Kirby: Mouse Attack

I just really enjoy this for taking over people as Ghost Kirby, even though that's not that good. Being a Helper in Super Star Ultra is way better. :3

New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - I heard a lot of people hated this.

I quite enjoyed the level design and the ability to become Mega Mario. Although quite easy, it was a fun experience. :3
http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/friend_code_ratings.asp?UserID=297797

New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - I heard a lot of people hated this.
Really? I thought I was alone in disliking NSMB. As you might have guessed from the previous sentence, I disagree with you--I just didn't think that game had enough replay value to be good.

Sonic Riders. It was way more challenging than most of the games out today.

Zero Gravity sucked.
Look, another game to add onto my list. ^_~

Zero Gravity
I have no idea why everyone hates this game. I know it might just be a tad slower, but it got rid of something the fans hated. The air gauge. It also got annoying that people could attack you constantly in the first game. My brothers would always quit once they got hit. With this, no one is annoyed, everyone liked it, and it was pretty fun.

I also like Sonic R for the nonlinear tracks. I'd like to see a remake (fan-made of course) that takes the same layouts and puts some measure of balance in there. Even when you take into account that once you've found the shortest cut there's no longer any diversity, its a fun romp through some really nice looking environments (for its time) and iconic music.

Tails Skypatrol: I've played this kind of game in very horrid and shallow flash minigames and I always felt they were too simplistic and too easy. This one still has problematic controls in some cases but it adds a great many interesting factors into the equation and dials up the difficulty dramatically.

I enjoyed Sonic Labyrinth the first time around. Sonic Spinball is my all-time favorite Pinball spinoff. Sonic Triple Trouble doubles as one of my all-time favorite Sonic games. Basically the only game gear games I actually hate are Sonic 2 GG and Sonic Blast.

I actually didn't have much of a problem with Sonic Rider's gameplay. The mechanics were confusing at first, but there certainly appears to be some depth in it.

The godawful, mindblowingly stupid cutscenes made me want to never touch the game again, though.

Sonic Triple Trouble doubles as one of my all-time favorite Sonic games.

Wait, lots of people don't like Sonic Triple Trouble? That is the first I heard of such a thing. Unless you mean some people assume that all sonic game gear games are bad.

I have got a question to all the people who liked shadow the hedgehog or still own it. Did the controls seem extremely finicky, especially if you wanted to look around a bit and not go straight the entire way? I seem to remember that as one of my big reasons for disliking that game.

Oh dear, this is turning into a "These Sonic games DON'T suck!" topic.
As expected, I like Sonic Riders. Even though it's a bit slow, you still get drifting in this game. That alone makes it better than Zero Gravity.
Sonic Riders was a essentially generic car racing game with a few nifty specials. Zero Gravity evolved the game to the point where it became a game more of skill and such. ZG had an alternative to drifting which was made for 90 degree corners, but it made you take the turns through more strategic turning almost like Forza. Also, ZG didn't have mindless amounts of boosting.

Your retarded buddies are the worst when it comes to attacking, but at least they got infinite health.
Sadly, Shadow's companions are essentially copies of himself with different player models and less abilities. For instance, only Sonic can homing attack. I believe Maria can just barely hop, although IIRC she can hit people? Oddly, they can be controlled by player 2 just like Tails in SADX and Sonic 3.

Hotel Mario. Just because i thought the game was rather funny, and it reminded me of a 1980's arcade game.

Last edited:
Sonic Heroes here too. This is the last 3D sonic game I really liked. I love the gameplay, the level, the music, and Team Chaotix offered some fun missions

Yes but a dumb thing was making ALL enemies attack you no matter what mission you are doing. You'd think Black Doom would tell his soldiers not to shoot the hedgehog killing the enemy forces for them.

Shadow the Hedgehog -- Though the game did have it's glaring flaws and bad levels, once you mastered certain aspects of the game it was really quite fun to blast through in one sitting.

Resident Evil 4

No, I am not kidding you, I have heard people complain about this game, I thought it was fun, brilliant, full of action, the horrors were well put, my personal favorite being that invisible wall creeper guy who you have to use Liquid Nitrogen for.

Kingdom Hearts II

On websites like 4chan you hear how this game is bad all of the time. I f you want my advice, play this game. It's extremely fun, long and the stories and disney/final fantasy crossing over into one franchise for the second time made it worth my money.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Ah yes, Hideo Kojima's second entry in this humongous saga is known to be one of the least favortie of the series. Mainly because of how Raiden stole the show after just about well over 2 hours of gameplay as Solid Snake. It was honestly great and fun, I thought it was cool.

Heroes and all non-Storybook Sonic games after it. While not totally Sonic games, they are decent in their own right.

And I don't understand the hate Spinball gets. Pinball machines + Sonic = Fun + Supreme = Supreme Fun. Also, doesn't Sonic gameplay involve pinball physics in the first place?

I don't remember anyone not liking Metal Gear Solid 2. Though, I did hear that they hated a character named Raiden.

Sonic Heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog. Once in a while I still play them when I have nothing to do and they are my favorite PS2 games. Also Sonic Unleased for Wii. I've heard some people say they hate the game for Wii but not for other consoles.

Fallout 3

Not many people love to play this game in my english class, most of my friends outside of english love Fallout 3, its awesome. Where else can you make a weapon out of a toy car and turn people into goo to styling 1950's music? Honestly, where else can you?

Last edited:
Fallout 3

Not many people love to play this game in my english class, most of my friends outside of english love Fallout 3, its awesome. Where else can you make a weapon out of a toy car and turn people into goo to styling 1950's music? Honestly, where else can you?

Fallout 3 is a very good game, it just takes awhile to get in to it; which reminds me, I need to play that game again. I like taking leisurely strolls in my tuxedo, sunglasses, and cowboy hat, armed with a mini Chainsaw and a Sniper Rifle (which undoubtedly will provide me with the sexiest headshots ever).

I'm honestly am surprised at some of the hate Lost Odyssey gets. The battle system is a little basic sure, but it has its own unique gimmicks that make it stand out a little more than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back