Sally Acorn WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

After Chrispy stopped working on this WAD, (being too busy with his character pack) I continued it for him. Sally Acorn is finally taking her first steps into the SRB2 universe. :) Despite missing out on her one chance at appearing in Sonic Mars, (which later became the canceled Sonic X-treme) she has starred in the Sonic Archie comics and in one American Sonic cartoon series.
This character handles uniquely from the rest of my WADs. Sally has no ability and cannot break into her running frames. She can spindash, but the maximum speed is lower than most characters. Although she has a slightly faster mindash speed to help compensate.
Also, she doesn't have a super form, so don't even try it. :P

Download:
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/878Sally.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?inwmmm3wzy4

Screenshots taken mostly in the Blue Heaven map pack:
srb20007-4.png

srb20008-4.png

srb20010-5.png

srb20011-4.png

srb20012-9.png

Her jacket changes color instead of her hair:
srb20015-3.png

So this is finished? Looks good, will review soon.

EDIT: Tested!

Firstly, Sally is achingly underpowered. Several ledges in a couple of mods i tested her with are completely unreachable, but with people like Tails you can still reach them without using an ability.

Secondly, the Jump/Fall frames are kinda shabby, I think it would look alot better if she spun while jumping, she definetely can.

Otherwise, excellent character! Keep up the good work.

Nice wad, I personally wanted to see a Sally Acorn wad for SRB2, even though I sometimes watch SATAM. I need too watch SATAM, when reruns premire soon, that is.

Otherwise, great work.

My rating: 10/10, Keep it up!

I've already played the beta so I know I'm going to like this. I've already added her to my autoexe config file with bind j "addfile sally.wad"

Finally, I get to beat up what I think is the worst character in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe in SRB2JTE! =D

I rather official characters then made up characters. She was about to because of 'popularity' in AoStH. Although Cosmo is a really cool character because technically she's official becuase Sonic Team made her character.

I'll rephrase that, I don't care! It's my opinion. I just don't like her, Sonic has enough girlfriends already (Amy actually counts as one surprisingly). I don't read the comics so...

BBBLLLLAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can think of other characters far worse than Sally! =P Marine is a good example, who doesn't hate the idea of her appearing in another Sonic game? I'll be pissed if she winds up being Blaze's sidekick! XD

Dr.Pepper said:
I can think of other characters far worse than Sally! =P Marine is a good example, who doesn't hate the idea of her appearing in another Sonic game? I'll be pissed if she winds up being Blaze's sidekick! XD
omg. hav u herd dat shes gonna be blazes sidekik in teh new sawnic gaem? its caled sawnic rush advancedd. so kul. and u can be
sawnic wit tails follow u or b blayze wit maryne folow u. lol.

Um, translation?
Anyway, I have my opinion on things and other people have opinions on other things. I just think she isn't necessary, if someone changed her personality slightly and made a different design fr her I'll be fine with that and I wouldn't hate her.

Oh my GOD. Have you heard that she's gonna be blaze's sidekick in the new sonic game? It's caled sonic rush advanced. SOO COOL. And You can be
sonic with tails following you or blaze with marine folowing you. LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!.

Translated for de win.

Violo said:
Um, translation?
Anyway, I have my opinion on things and other people have opinions on other things. I just think she isn't necessary, if someone changed her personality slightly and made a different design fr her I'll be fine with that and I wouldn't hate her.

From what I've heard (I haven't watched SatAM Sonic), Blaze is the closest we have to Sally's personality. As for "isn't necessary", unless you count the Archie junk heap, she hasn't been in anything Sonic for over a decade.

Nevertheless, the character design looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure how wild I am about the total lack of ability. Someone who is familiar with the SatAM must be able to know something that she should be able to do that is different from STK. Maybe it could have something to do with Nicole to give her some tactical emphasis.

I'll Begin said:
Dr.Pepper said:
I'll be pissed if she winds up being Blaze's sidekick! XD
That doesn't make sense!

Which is why they'd totally do it.

Exactly. It's like that damn Tingle character in Zelda. GAWD, I HATE HIM!!!

EDIT: For those of you that like to make fun of people's spelling, I did that one on purpose.

Tingle always got on my nerves too, it drove me mad to see him in Wind Waker. XD
JEV3 said:
From what I've heard (I haven't watched SatAM Sonic), Blaze is the closest we have to Sally's personality. As for "isn't necessary", unless you count the Archie junk heap, she hasn't been in anything Sonic for over a decade.
They do play somewhat-similar roles, but I have to disagree on the idea of Blaze sharing similar personalities to Sally. :P Blaze is rather strict and rarely expresses much emotion, I can't imagine Sally acting even remotely that way.
JEV3 said:
Nevertheless, the character design looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure how wild I am about the total lack of ability. Someone who is familiar with the SatAM must be able to know something that she should be able to do that is different from STK. Maybe it could have something to do with Nicole to give her some tactical emphasis.
I would have given Sally swim if it wasn't so buggy, while every other ability is either overused or wouldn't suit her very well. Besides giving Sally a generic double jump, we could probably soc an ability, but I don't see how we could do that and it not break every other character.

Hmmm, not much emotion eh?

188637785749684f78d56e1.gif

XD
Yeh like JEV said, she hasn't actually been in anything Sonic related except those (firstly American sold) freaky comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back