• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Harshout.wad Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I don't think we are going to download something if we don't know what it is about. You should at least add screenshots to see if it catches our interest.

I'm sorry but I don't think we are going to download something if we don't know what it is about. You should at least add screenshots to see if it catches our interest.

____by_nessxpaulafan1234-d6vh97o.png

...This has got to be a joke. Tell me it's a joke. Please. Someone. Come on. :I

I don't think many people are interested in DLing anything like that. :v
Try a little harder making it next time. See a tutorial on how to make maps properly, y'know? The wiki is there for a reason.

If this IS a joke, then epic.

...This has got to be a joke. Tell me it's a joke. Please. Someone. Come on. :I

I don't think many people are interested in DLing anything like that. :v
Try a little harder making it next time. See a tutorial on how to make maps properly, y'know? The wiki is there for a reason.

If this IS a joke, then epic.

this is not a JOKE silly.
i made it, real not fake. (no warren cook)
also there is more but only 1 map. i make 2 maps if i can

I agree with Burning and I thought it was a joke, too. I will be honest and tell you that I'm sure nobody would like download it, but I did. Those textures are too ugly and don't fit at all (I see no point of them being there.) Furthermore, this level is too cramped and its things are badly placed. I noticed also the file weight is a little big and it's probably because you forgot rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2 but like I said I see no point of those textures being in a GFZ theme zone.

Ehh... The story was the best part of this map: "They hurt Ness and Sonic" and I thought even that was a joke too. =) Here is 3 little tips how to make this map ok:
1. When you place rings, use Float.
2. Make your maps wider.
3. Make some upper platforms and hidden places to make this fun (Instead of bloody Sonic and Ness).

Guys, cut the guy some slack. We all weren't born brilliant map makers. Thats why we post it here. To get constructive criticism. Saying "is this a joke," when it clearly is not may hurt him. We all started from some place. :D

There's really no way to 'improve' this map without restarting from scratch, which would be much easier.

OH GOD MY FIRST MAP WHERE WAY BETTER!
This map is a good exemple of flat.wad.
Erm... "They hurt Ness and Sonic" OH GOD... YOU MEAN THESE... WALLS???
Here is a tip to improve your map:

-Delete ALL the map and restart it over!

To be honest, maybe that igor's wad is kinda fit in srb2 because is a part of gaming creepypasta. For e.g Ness(Bound to death) and Sonic(Sonic.EXE). And one more thing, IM A BIG FAN OF CREEPY GAMING CREEPYPASTAS.

Erm... look at the scary level contest... way better than this level....

To be honest, maybe that igor's wad is kinda fit in srb2 because is a part of gaming creepypasta. For e.g Ness(Bound to death) and Sonic(Sonic.EXE). And one more thing, IM A BIG FAN OF CREEPY GAMING CREEPYPASTAS.

DING DING DING!
also, i moved the devploment to a new wad, levelpack.wad!
if you want the download
search in google: levelpackbeta1.wad
the 2nd beta will be named levelpackbeta2.wad

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

There's really no way to 'improve' this map without restarting from scratch, which would be much easier.

"Scratch"
Are you Crazy? i spent like 30 minutes devloping this level!
also.

"I agree with Burning and I thought it was a joke, too. I will be honest and tell you that I'm sure nobody would like download it, but I did. Those textures are too ugly and don't fit at all (I see no point of them being there.) Furthermore, this level is too cramped and its things are badly placed. I noticed also the file weight is a little big and it's probably because you forgot rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2 but like I said I see no point of those textures being in a GFZ theme zone."

i moved devlpoment to levelpack.wad.
also it's theme will be changed to CEZ-Theme (Castle Eggman)
also, when i learn to make things, i will removes the custom textures from wall and make 'em things. (Misc.)

"Ehh... The story was the best part of this map: "They hurt Ness and Sonic" and I thought even that was a joke too. =) Here is 3 little tips how to make this map ok:
1. When you place rings, use Float.
2. Make your maps wider.
3. Make some upper platforms and hidden places to make this fun (Instead of bloody Sonic and Ness)."

1. Just like that sector that makes rings float in the offical SRB2 levels?
2. my levels are short because how i hurry to test. then i extend then later.
3.i will keep bloody ness and sonic. but i will add upper platforms and hidden places.
also again, the devlpoment has been moved to levelpack.wad!

"OH GOD MY FIRST MAP WHERE WAY BETTER!
This map is a good exemple of flat.wad.
Erm... "They hurt Ness and Sonic" OH GOD... YOU MEAN THESE... WALLS???
Here is a tip to improve your map:

-Delete ALL the map and restart it over!"

NO. i will make it better + extended!

"Erm... look at the scary level contest... way better than this level...."

-_- i know.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

changes:
bloody ness and sonic moved.
stage extended.
now CEZ-themed.
few layout changes.

any ideas? (expect deleting and starting over)

This post above mines, it's just to confusing to read. I can't tell if he's reviewing his own map or not...

any ideas? (expect deleting and starting over)

If I'm to expect that, then I'm actually happy. But knowing it was a typo, I'll still say: Scrap it and start anew.

This thing isn't even creepy, it's more of a nightmare fuel level to hurt your eyes. Except the fact the story idea is poor, your designing skills are... uh, well.. whatever.

Also, you're unlikely to find a person to willfully go to google and search for your wad. It doesn't work this way. Either put it here to download or leave it be.

Oh yeah and don't triple post, it's like double post but worse, derp.

(most of this stuff was made up during writing and is probably not helpful since I didn't actually bother playing it, so yeah, have a nice day gents)

"Scratch"
Are you Crazy? i spent like 30 minutes devloping this level!
also.

Just wondering, is that supposed to mean 30 minutes is too long for you?

If so, you'd better revise your timescale on how long it takes to make a level, most good levels out there have taken days, months, and sometimes even years to make.

If not, please excuse me, since your wording isn't really that clear. :S

Alright, I would suggest you read a couple of wiki articles before you start on a level.

First, read SRB2 Doom Builder tutorial. There you will learn all the necessary things to make your level like how to make rings float and floor over floors and such.

Second, read Level_Design_101. That will help you know how to make your levels more fun.

Third, read Custom_textures_tutorial - SLADE. That will help you learn how to make textures that tile correctly. That image that you have there does NOT tile well, and if you were to make a image that looks bad tiled, you should make billboard or something to that effect. I would suggest to NOT do creepypasta, since it doesn’t fit with srb2 and isn't really funny or scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back