Kingdom Hearts: 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... raining Soras...

Care to speculate gentlemortals?

I am guessing it has deal with some sort of dream aspect in the story considering the full title of the game will be Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. That is my speculation since video revealed there was some material that raised questions on how certain things were possible, most prominently Sora and Riku's appearance in the game.
Taking in account that the Drop system was revealed in the trailer, Dream, Drop, and Distance are the three main aspects of the game we will be seeing when it releases.

Also if you look carefully behind Ansem or Xemnas it looks like you can see the sillhouette of the opposite (with Ansem it looks like Xemnas is behind him and vice-versa for Xemnas).

Last edited:
Well it IS still grown up Sora, but in his younger body so the combat style shouldn't be surprising much. That mid-air dash however better have some uses other than for combat cause I want actual platforming in this again or at least hidden areas to explore :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4MoltJUYmg
Nintendo has had a recent conference with tons of gameplay videos and 3DS updates. Along with this, Nintendo has announced that the 3DS can now record up to 10 minutes of 3D footage and it can all be uploaded to youtube. The 3DS will also have a messaging update with the ability to message your friends. Mario Kart 3D will allow you to jump into your friend's games and race them online in 60fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4MoltJUYmg
Nintendo has had a recent conference with tons of gameplay videos and 3DS updates. Along with this, Nintendo has announced that the 3DS can now record up to 10 minutes of 3D footage and it can all be uploaded to youtube. The 3DS will also have a messaging update with the ability to message your friends. Mario Kart 3D will allow you to jump into your friend's games and race them online in 60fps.
That's great!

Almost none of that has to do with Kingdom Hearts 3D.

That's great!

Almost none of that has to do with Kingdom Hearts 3D.
I couldn't find a 3DS thread so I decided to post it here. It also expanded the post without it just being a slight trailer update. Yes, it may have little to do with it but I still felt like putting it out there so people would know. Considering the fact both announcements were made at the same time.

Big news update!

http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/

kh3d27_thumb.jpg
kh3d24_thumb.jpg
kh3d20_thumb.jpg

kh3d12_thumb.jpg
kh3d5_thumb.jpg
kh3d4_thumb1.jpg

Currently Known Worlds
Three Musketeers
Traverse Town
Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio)
La Cite Des Cloches (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Tron Legacy

Two Playable Characters
Sora
Riku

A lot of the past characters are returning such as Xion, Roxas, Ventus, Terra, Axel, and more.

Here's the thing:

• They have a Hunchback of Notre Dame stage.
  • Judge Claude Frollo is in it.
  • Frollo will likely be voiced.
  • Tony Jay is dead.
How are they going to capture his sliminess accurately without Tony Jay?

World stages still look linear, but hopefully with the stuff they've include in Dream drop, it will probably excuse it. Don't mind me, I still cling on to the free world-like sense that the first KH gave to me when I played through the game several times.

In other words, I want more creative environments for the world stages so finding treasure is actually fun again and giving non combat abilities a purpose for finding others. But that's just me XD Regardless this is going to be fun, and I know my girl is going to be happy that Xion, Roxas, and Axel. . . oh sorry I mean "Lea" are coming back too.

(( I got it memorized. . .))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FmBTkbD6Uoo
10th Anniversary Trailer has been uploaded. The trailer features a TON of cutscenes and gameplay footage. An in-depth recap (times included) is in the spoiler below.
0:00 – 0:45: The video opens up with the Kingdom Hearts 10th anniversary logo. Young Xehanort confronts Sora telling him that he has other hearts other than his own inside of him. Vanitas makes an appearance for a couple seconds.
0:46 – 1:30: New CGI clips of big moments of past Kingdom Hearts moments are shown here. Sora, Riku, and Mickey fighting Xehanort at Keyblade Graveyard is also shown. Possibly foreshadowing of Kingdom Hearts III.
1:31 – 1:47 – Notre Dame cutscenes are shown
1:48 – 2:05 – Tron Legacy World cutscenes are shown. Sora meets the Tron cast.
2:06 – 2:22 – The Three Musketeers worlds is shown. Characters are revealed and conflict is shown.
2:23 – 2:40 – Pinocchio World is shown. Sora confronts a Dream Eater Pinocchio that tricks Sora. Sora meets the Blue Fairy and Riku meets Gepetto.
2:41 – 2:50 – Fantasia World is shown.
2:51 – 3:50 – Various worlds are shown, Sora seems to have learned something about the keyblade (Or possibly how to use it?) from Mickey in the fantasia world.
3:51 – 4:12 – Menus and Dream state are shown, gameplay is shown.
4:13 – 4:17 – Atlantica World (Little Mermaid) is shown – Ursula battle is fought with Sora and Riku.
4:18 – 4:30 – Notre Dame and Tron Legacy battles shown. Sora meets some sort of enemy in a Tron suit. (Sorry, haven’t watched the movie!)
4:31 – 5:00 – Sora is found Dream Diving, Wonder Comic is shown.
5:01 – 5:15 – Dream Eater Pal minigames/multiplayer footage.
5:16 – 6:03 – A ton of footage is shown. A snowy area appears but I’m not sure if that is part of an existing world.
6:04 – 6:24 – Riku is confronted by a mysterious figure (Young Xehanort) who tells Riku that he’ll be lost for good.
6:25 – 6:55 – Roxas is telling Axel to keep a promise that Axel will always bring him back. (Supposedly Xion too) Lea is found in a room and seems to have his original somebody restored.
6:56 – 7:09 – Yen Sid tells Sora and Riku that they need to bring back people that are sleeping in sadness to open the 7 keyholes of sleep.
7:10 – 7:20 – Joshua reveals to Sora that the world is split. I guess that Riku is in an alternate Traverse Town at the same time Sora is. Joshua assumes that Young Xehanort has something to do with it.
7:21 – 7:53 – More cutscene footage of characters
7:52 – 8:15 – Ansem/Young Xehanort confront Riku and Sora telling bad things will happen to them. Mickey tells Yen Sid that he should go help them.
8:16 – 8:44 – Sora meets Braig in the World that Never Was. Riku confronts Master Xehanort is some unknown area. (?)
8:45 – 8:55 – Lea wants to help and asks Yen Sid if he can.
8:56 – 9:07 – Mickey and Riku are in the throne room fighting Xemnas and Ansem. Mickey finds out Master Xehanort is behind all of this.
9:08 – 9:27 – Red shots (Braig’s gun?) appear around Sora in the World That Never Was. Young Xehanort confronts Sora and tells him to join him. Footage of past characters are flash backed. Sora is sitting in the throne room for some reason. I’m not sure who the person with the red eyes is.

Wow, now that the games out, the comments have stopped...
Anyway, I have the game and I think it's better than uprising (don't get me wrong, uprising was pretty epic, a must have 3ds game in my opinion) but this has so many secrets and unlockables, that the game keeps you busy even after you beat it. It also greatly propels the kh storyline after kh II. I highly recommend it.

On a side note, who here has seen or beaten the secret boss? ( I don't think this needs a spoiler, I mean any one who's played a kh game knows there will be a secret boss)

I've gotten pretty far into the game, but the difficulty is far more brutal than any KH game I've played. The command deck takes some getting used to, but it's also understandable considering that the 3DS has less buttons than the normal PS3 controller.

I beat the secret boss and...
It is a Disney super boss this time, Julius from the Mickey short "The Runaway Brain" to be exact. Also beat the Frog Prince if anyone considers him a secret boss, although he is moreover to just a special enemy to me. You can fight him real early, but you have to beat him in a certain amount of time, which you are not guaranteed to do early on. There are also Secret Portals where you fight harder versions of previous bosses. From the looks of it Critical Mode has more drastic changes in how boss fights will go, which is a good thing despite a harder difficulty. I kind of wished there was another secret boss, Julius did not cut it after I figured out a certain strategy.

The game was fun and feels a lot more challenging than previous KH games. I honestly did not expect Proud Mode to be that hard, I usually just cheese my way through on the expert difficulties in KH games and Critical Mode is not looking to bright when I started it either. The regular enemies can wreck you quickly and easily in this game. I liked how much larger the rooms are, although there were some worlds that I wished had more going for it. Looking forward to the next one, this was a really enjoyable game.

Spoiler for one of the last boss fights...

YX in the second phase: "What are Second Chances and Once Mores and why should I care for their existence?" I did have those activated by the way, a certain attack that is a combo can leave you open for a ensuing combo apparently >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back