Old Rules Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea. It's a silly one but it just might work.

An old Pokémon forum I used to go to (http://serebiiforums.com/) had a banner at the top of the forum page that says "read the rules". I'm thinking that since there's a lot of newbies in the forums that don't read the rules, having one of these will catch their eye and help prevent them from being insta-banned.

If you can't do that.then here are some ideas:

After you register,your recieve an email that puts you to the rules page.

Before you enter the forums,it shows an ad for reading the rules.

How about if they don't read the rules it's their problem? We already have a rules page that bridges here and the main site. I know most of us just hit the bookmarks or type in the url from memory, but anyone going here for the first time should see those rules. If they don't, it's their problem. Why should we cater to unobservant idiots?

Because like the banner says, they give us headaches? Mind you I'm not so entirely up to the idea but regardless, the only way we can deal with unobservant idiots are letting them do the damage BEFORE we ban them.

ST218 has my basic opinion on rules topics. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Excuse me but, while these are all good ideas, i believe we should have something to stop "noobies" from entering netgames. Some people don't know what the console is,and many of them dont read the manual, and much of them dont even know the controls.

Sadly, many "newbies" I meet dont even know how and where the talk button is. And then, if they figure all that out, they break the rules on the master server, ask for favors in the forum, make recolors(which i hate) and make useless post's here.

luis90 said:
I believe we should have something to stop "noobies" from entering netgames.

Unless n00bs are impersonating others, or being an ass on purpouse, they deserve to have fun too.

luis90 said:
Sadly, many "newbies" I meet dont even know how and where the talk button is.

Silence is better than binding cusswords and spam-junk.

luis90 said:
Excuse me but, while these are all good ideas, i believe we should have something to stop "noobies" from entering netgames.
KICK and BAN command. They're there for a reason.

FuriousFox said:
luis90 said:
Excuse me but, while these are all good ideas, i believe we should have something to stop "noobies" from entering netgames.
KICK and BAN command. They're there for a reason.

BAN doesn't work 50% of the time though.

The only thing i mean, is that many Of the "NoObs" I meet on "newb" servers do not read the rules. Also, they lack basic MS ettiquete. What I mean is, They ask you to verify them, or for WAD'S and Such. And on a sidenote, When I ban them they can still join my server.

One, don't use colors. Two, of course they're going to do stuff like that. Either ban them or explain to them the rules. Some servers will acquiese to such demands. Others won't. The Master Server rules only provide against idiocy and RPing. They do not provide against people saying "add shadow.wad plz", as such things are up to the host. I know when I host a server, every now and then I'll add something different if requested, and other hosts will do that-it's not against the MS rules to ask or even to demand.

And as for ban not working, it's always worked fine for me, and I've banned countless people.

Re: Rules

Mystic said:
Punishment is based on a three strike system.
  • Strike 1: 3 day ban
  • Strike 2: 7 day ban
  • Strike 3: Permanent ban
If you go at least 2 weeks without being punished, a strike will be ignored. (If you were given 2 strikes, and then go 2 weeks without being punished, and then cause another problem, you will be given another strike 2 and banned for a week, instead of being permanently banned.)

Ban evasion will give you an immediate 1 month ban. Evade again and it’s permanent. Bans should be bans. Don’t try to fake us out. We know.

Does that mean you can log on even if you are banned?

Bans prevent a log-in. If you're tempbanned, you'll be logged out, and be unable to get back on. You will still be able to browse the forums as a guest, however. If you are IP-banned (ban evasion or permaban), you will get a notice stating that you have been banned from the forums, and will be unable to browse them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back