• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wad Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blur

This topic is for people to post their incomplete levels. Here are the rules for posting:

-The levels must work
-They must be good enough for some fun
-use only level 1

Here are the rules for rating:

-You give a rating out of ten
-You only have to tell what's wrong with the level if you give a rating less than ten
-please use constuctive critisism
-these are incomplete levels, so give less harsh reviews than with the contests

Isn't that like, kind of what IRC is for... and stuff?

I usually just send levels to a few co-conspirators for testing, or host a netgame if they're multiplayer.

heh, I have plenty of not quite or even half-way done wads....
whether I choose to show my unfinished work is unlikely though ^_^`

This topic is exactly what IRC is for, but it gives access to more people because you don't need to worry about who's on at any time.

Many of the people here aren't on IRC. If you've noticed, there are about an average of 15 people on #srb2fun or #srb2netgame at any given time, and some are just there. On the board, people who don't go on IRC can access these beta tests.

However, part of the point of releasing incomplete levels is to get direct feedback on the stage and do several revisions. You cannot easily do that on a message board. The reason people use IRC to beta test isn't because of the user base, but it serves the purpose of beta testing more.

I see, I guess this might as well be like a back-up for those who need a reliable base to test, like if they can't use IRC, for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back