• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lack of Wads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Hi, new here, go to off-topic to see my hello message.

There's been a lack of wads recently, but there is a solution.

Most wads that have been made recently are really advanced, thus take a long time to make... why can't we just make basic wads?

What are basic wads? I define them as wads that are easy and reasonably quick to make.

The other thing may be lack of ideas. A list of ideas is below.

Marble Gardens Zone
A massive garden could be Act 1, there's a defined path, but some other paths that spring off it. The ending sign would be in front of a marble-looking wall.

Act 2 would be inside the ending place, turns out it was a massive building. With some nicely placed ledges and secret spots, this act could also be good for match and maybe tag games. The ending sign could be on the highest ledge, or maybe a random ledge. Maybe there could also be some fake ending signs.

Act 3 would be a long straight marble path, with a low ceiling, spikes and toxic water. When at the end there would be a floating platform with Robotnik 2 on it, (the one that shoots toxic water), a few Detons and the things that follow you around (can't remember the name of them right now...), defeat Robotnik 2 and you'd beat the level.

If anyone likes my ideas I'll post more. But these aren't levels I can make myself. Due to being a beginner myself... but I have loads of ideas.

There's no shortage of ideas. I've thought of making careless, quick levels just to make them; usually my perfectionist tendencies won't let me get away with it. If you can do water, you can make something at least as good as Crawla Valley Zone, which has no FOFs.

Crawla Valley was made with absolutely no knowledge of tags. The water tag was originally copied and pasted from Meadow Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back