• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Good Wad making program NOT named WadAuthor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeGuy

OK, me and WadAuthor got a little annoyed, so I'm trying something new. Point is: what's a good level-making program?
Thanks in advance.

WadAuthor can be frustrating because it looks easier to use than it is. Once you know what you're doing, though, I think it's the most powerful level editor out there (which is not to say I wouldn't be happy to have something better).

:D I use DoomBuilder, and I enjoy it very much. Nowadays I work on SRB2 wads about 2 days every month though. I'm trying to make Dev-C++ compile DirectX 9. I'm a semi-beginner programmer that knows C, C++, HTML, JavaScript, Windows(C), and Allegro(C), but I use Dev-C++ and have no idea how to compile Srb2. Otherwise, there'd be more output from me. That gives me an idea...

Tell me if you have any success getting SRB2 to compile with Dev-C++. If not, I'm planning to take a stab at it myself once the next release is finished.

It is free as in beer, and you don't even need a key. If it expires, delete it and unzip it again. That's what everyone does.

Already, that was a horrid bump.

Do it again and you lose posting privileges for a while.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back