• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Okay, Linedef Execs, Teleporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell am I doing? The only time I can get it to do anything, for some reason, when Sonic stands on the exec, he loses rings. I've tried lots and lots of different things, and here's what I've got:

Both the destination sector and the teleporter itself are tagged with sector tag 104. The floor type on the teleporter itself is 97. In the destination sector, I have an object, type 5003 (which supposedly tells the player where he appears).

When Sonic steps on the teleporter sector, he can stand on it for a second or two, when eventually he gets hit and loses his rings.

What, exactly, am I doing wrong?

Okay. Tag only the teleport sector to 104. Make a new sector outside da level, and put a linedef with "Trigger Linedef Executor". On the same sector, tag another linedef with a new tag... say, 105. Then, make that type "Teleport". Then, tag the destination sector to your new tag, say 105. It should work.

Okay. Has anybody actually gotten teleporters to work? I've tried Hotdog's explanation as many different ways as logical, and it does squat. Might it be a bug?

Edit: If you've gotten it to work, could you put it in a WAD and send it to me? Upload it on the web or if it's under a 500kb, send it off to blazehgehg@REMOVETHISPARTmsn.com =P Being able to look and see what I'm doing wrong would be very, very helpful

Actually, Hotdog, your description was dead-on. Upon looking at A441's Wad (thanks, by the way) the only thing you forgot was setting the floor type of the teleporter to "LineDef Executor: Floor Touch". Once I did that, it worked like a charm. I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back