Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJFyqB0qDaQ&feature=youtu.be
To tide people over for the next release, Kitoko has created a new SRB2Kart time attack website for you competitive players. In this video I show off my time and the new kart graphics and animations.
A lot of graphics aren't implemented or replaced yet. Hence Sonic's drifting head looking hilarious. You can thank Sryder13 for taking up the coding, and I for the new graphics you see here and the new ones coming. Progress has only recently just picked up again.

Note: twitchyness may be due to Fraps fine dining on my hardware.

http://www.timeattacked.comule.com/srb2kart/

If you wish to submit times, come to irc.esper.net's #srb2kart as usual. Kitoko, when online, will take your times and compile them into the site whenever he's ready.

Last edited:
Liking the new Kart designs in action. I don't think the current drifting animation is bad, I actually got a laugh out of it.

The drifting animation was already fixed. A bit of a head tilt did the job :V

The drifting animation was already fixed. A bit of a head tilt did the job :V

Huzzah for that. I'll be glad when this new version gets released.

At least it will tide me over before 2.1 releases. Hopefully...

jbcB6yT0tFfVxL.png

Various new graphics.

jbcB6yT0tFfVxL.png

Various new graphics.

HUD's a mix of Super Mario Kart and 64. I like that. Looks good. Shame no more Speed Bar. I actually liked that, especially since I got Mario 3 nostalgia from the P-Meter. Now if only we got a course map like SRB2 Riders... just a thought really.

We've been attempting course maps, but something that makes it not likely is the issue of players with an incorrect aspect resolution. The map comes out completely wrong when they do, and the issue is apparently only fixed in 2.1. Also, its inspired by Mario Kart 8's HUD too!

We've been attempting course maps, but something that makes it not likely is the issue of players with an incorrect aspect resolution. The map comes out completely wrong when they do, and the issue is apparently only fixed in 2.1. Also, its inspired by Mario Kart 8's HUD too!

Ahh. Or course, should remember that. I actually played that during that event. Couldn't you make it a set option? Like in options?

What? His body (except shoes) looks like SonicRE while the rest looks normal.

His head definitely looks much darker than the rest of the body for sure. I also noticed Sonic also got a fancy new life icon; will each character be getting a new icon as well?

The sprites are completely done by me, with the exception of Gensu doing Knuckles' head, Virt doing Silver, and Blade with Metal. Unlike the awfully shaded RE wads, this new style strives to look completely accurate to vanilla, with many tweaks to color and dirtiness a lot of the old sprites have. It takes so long because I DON'T want it to look awful.

I also hate edits, Sonic is the only one. The rest are completely redone/going to be, even Tails.

Last edited:
Good to hear all the characters getting facelifts.

I know it's a little early to ask this, but will we be seeing any changes in tracks? Like, will a section of a track be reworked, or will any be added or taken out?

Lots of fixes and work has been done to several of the tracks, so yes, you can expect plenty of changes in that field as well. And that even includes my level pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back