Suggestions

I think that was black in the 1.08 days. Not sure about grey though, it was bright enough.

Two commands.

An un-bind command and a Perma-bind command.

The un-bind would work as you think:

Typing *un-bindcommand* then a key that has an action binded unbinds the key.

Perma-bind binds the key until you use said Un-bind command on it.

For example, instead of typing "Bind 0 chasecam on" every time you start SRB2 up, simply type "*Perma-bind command* 0 Chasecam on" and pressing 0 will always turn chasecam on, unless unbinded.

Example:
Code:
Un-bind:

Unbind 0

Perma-bind:

Permbind 0 Chasecam on

You can already permanently bind something by creating a file named "autoexec.cfg" in your SRB2 directory and typing all the binds you'd like each time the game is run, along with any other console commands you'd like to be entered each time the game is started.

Since the idea of having a curse-filter has been beaten into the ground; I have a better idea, how about being able to have a command that makes it so you just don't receive chat.

Possibley some sort of old version mode, where you can play as the old versions of the characters, IE the slow tails in 1.09.4.

Possibly some sort of old version mode, where you can play as the old versions of the characters, IE the slow tails in 1.09.4.
Which would be totally unnecessary/redundant, even as a secret.
I think they were UPGRADED and BALANCED for a reason.

How about the ability to mute an individual person instead of all unless needed. And letting an individual to talk when everyone is muted.

Which would be totally unnecessary/redundant, even as a secret.
I think they were UPGRADED and BALANCED for a reason.

Why couldn't it be a secret? I enjoyed having tails spindash into flying, and going all the way across the stage.

Why couldn't it be a secret? I enjoyed having tails spindash into flying, and going all the way across the stage.
But you can still do that. I do it all the time in CTF.
Also, "playersforexit" should have a set number instead of all or one. I mean really, this one isn't even debatable. No one likes asking everyone when they wanna "exitlevel", wait for that silly goose whose away from the keyboard, or f12 for hours as that one really sucky player figures out there's a spring next to him. It gets annoying to put "exitlevel" every single time! That's why I propose this idea.

An example of how it would be used?
"playersforexit 3", so the first three players that finish would end the level.

No one likes asking everyone when they wanna "exitlevel", wait for that silly goose whose away from the keyboard, or f12 for hours as that one really sucky player figures out there's a spring next to him. It gets annoying to put "exitlevel" every single time! That's why I propose this idea.
I know I'm introducing a radical concept, but perhaps this means you should be helping each other out, using Tails to lift bad players over obstacles, and otherwise actually work as a team? It's called "cooperative" for a reason, and if you set playersforexit to all you're going to actually need to do so sometimes. Instead of just watching with F12, run back and show them which way they need to go directly. If you don't want to wait for everyone, just turn the feature off and don't pass the finish line until most of the people have reached the end, like how we used to do it before we even added the option.

Coop mode, regardless of how we set it up, simply isn't going to work well when you're getting your players by finding strangers off of the master server. In fact, I fully encourage players to play coop mode with people they know in meatspace, preferably over a LAN so you can talk to your friends while doing it. You might actually have fun that way instead of just ending up frustrated that someone you don't know isn't doing what they should.

But you can still do that. I do it all the time in CTF.
Also, "playersforexit" should have a set number instead of all or one. I mean really, this one isn't even debatable. No one likes asking everyone when they wanna "exitlevel", wait for that silly goose whose away from the keyboard, or f12 for hours as that one really sucky player figures out there's a spring next to him. It gets annoying to put "exitlevel" every single time! That's why I propose this idea.

An example of how it would be used?
"playersforexit 3", so the first three players that finish would end the level.

Meh, I guess that for some reason I like the slow tails from 1.09.4.

I know I'm introducing a radical concept, but perhaps this means you should be helping each other out, using Tails to lift bad players over obstacles, and otherwise actually work as a team? It's called "cooperative" for a reason, and if you set playersforexit to all you're going to actually need to do so sometimes. Instead of just watching with F12, run back and show them which way they need to go directly. If you don't want to wait for everyone, just turn the feature off and don't pass the finish line until most of the people have reached the end, like how we used to do it before we even added the option.

Coop mode, regardless of how we set it up, simply isn't going to work well when you're getting your players by finding strangers off of the master server. In fact, I fully encourage players to play coop mode with people they know in meatspace, preferably over a LAN so you can talk to your friends while doing it. You might actually have fun that way instead of just ending up frustrated that someone you don't know isn't doing what they should.

I don't really play Co-op at all, so excuse my wondering, when you finish a level, you have to stay there in the same place right? Why not make it so the people who've finished can just screw around in the level while they wait for the other players?

EDIT: D'oh, wait that's what you were saying I think. I haven't played co-op in a looooong time, so I forget if you can move after you finish a level.

Last edited:

I totally agree with this, but :
- only tails' ability can be helpful to the other players (which should be changed)
- if you help weak player pass an oblstacle, he might later be killed by another hazard and your work will be wased (that used to happen a lot to me lately...)
- you can't always help a player that fell behind.
In other hand, most players just race trough the level and make other players do the same. I suggest to make time limit that activaters after the first player reaches the finish.

I don't really play Co-op at all, so excuse my wondering, when you finish a level, you have to stay there in the same place right? Why not make it so the people who've finished can just screw around in the level while they wait for the other players?
I agree with this suggestion. I hate only being able to guide others with text and being helpless behind a goal post (Most commonly happens in Tortured Planet). It'd be nice knowing I've finished the level and am safe, then going back to guide another player physically.

Another suggestion someone mentioned before which caught my interest, is if you guys could make Tails' pick-up easier. Right now, you pretty much have to wait for the Tails player to pick YOU up, since when you try to jump on them you always manage to annoyingly slip out of their hands somehow, and even when they pick you up there's still a high chance of this happening, making Tails' pick-up frustratingly tedious in a rush (not to mention how ridiculous the two look to ongoing players). Normally, instead of waiting for a Tails player to pick me up, I get on a high ledge and thok into their arms, which does work sometimes but not enough, as it's easy to miss. My suggestion is to make Tails' pick-up easier by making it so that the player that wants to be carried can easily LATCH onto the player firmly. Instead of having to aim precisely jump in their arms to be carried, you should just be able to touch anywhere around their hit-box while they're in flying position, and instantly latch into their arms. Sure, it may get annoying when it's unwanted, but hey, most of the time people would be glad this happens. And if they DO latch on unwanted, they could just quickly jump, glide, or thok away. THis would not only help in quick coop games, but also help in CTF for quick and effective strategies.

Please, take this suggestion into consideration!

- if you help weak player pass an obstacle, he might later be killed by another hazard and your work will be wasted (that used to happen a lot to me lately...)

You know if a player is afk you could lift him and kill him till he gets a Game Over. And if you already finished, quit and rejoin the sever to start over.

Speaking of cooperative gameplay, there should be more ways to help out other players besides just flying them with tails. Maybe making knuckles glide ability just as useful as tails' flying ability. Like if you fly into a character who is on your team in CTF with knuckles they can ride on knuckles' back with the flag (then getting railed 7 seconds later). Maybe they can still be on his back while he scales up a wall to get to a high place quicker. I haven't really come up with any ideas for sonic because thinking of a team move to use with the speed thok is kinda difficult. I just happened to be playing sonic advance 3 while thinking of this.

I just happened to be playing sonic advance 3 while thinking of this.
Heh, Sonic Advance 3...
I wonder what would happen if there was an ability, that when Sonic runs at full speed and passes through team-mates, they suddenly run right behind him at his speed until he stops/gets stopped... Nah that'd be awful.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back